• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Staffing changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately, due to increased commitments with his full-time job, @bb21 has come to the decision that he is no longer able to devote as much time to the forum as previously, so will be therefore be resigning his position as Moderator. He joined the staff team in July 2011, and over that time has supported the development of our Fares & Ticketing section, as well as contributing to our successful Fares Workshops. He has also been a member of the Technology Subcommittee, helping make decisions and inputting into the forum software and hosting, in addition to assisting with the organisation of countless forum meets and meals. His departure is a huge loss to the forum team and I hope members will wish him well and thanks for his 10+ years service. bb21 has however kindly agreed to stay on until just before Christmas to assist us with handling the extra traffic expected as a result of upcoming plans due to be announced before the end of the year.

As a result, @Cowley, who is currently a Moderator of the General Discussion (including Covid-19), Railtours & Preservation and Modelling, Simulations & Games forums, has been promoted to the position of Moderator for the whole forum and thus will be joining the main Forum Staff team with immediate effect. The Moderator positions for these forums will remain vacant for the time being.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. :)

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Congratulations Cowley, I’m sure you’ll be great! Thanks @bb21 for your support over many years.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Again thanks folks.
Like you I’d also like to give a massive thanks to @bb21 who’ll be much missed on here. He’s put an enormous amount of work in over the years and has always been very supportive when I’ve needed help.
All the best for the future @bb21.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
I’ve only just spotted this thread, a bit on the slow side as usual (perhaps I’m the 08 of the forum ;))

All the best @bb21 and enjoy your most deserved retirement, and my congratulations to you @Cowley if anyone deserved this position then it has to be you, and if I’m honest one of the fairest and most decent persons I’ve ever had the fortune to meet!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thank you everyone. Regrettably I find myself in this position where I am unable to spend any meaningful length of time on the forum nowadays to contribute towards its maintenance (which I am sure most of you have noticed). It has been a fantastic journey over the last 10 years and I have thoroughly enjoyed all the discussions (and the less frequent arguments nonetheless). Not everything has been plain-sailing and I am sure I have made mistakes along the way too, however I am glad for the forum's existence and feel privileged to be able to grow alongside it. I send my apologies to anyone who I may have wronged in the past.

Thank you to everyone for your patience, understanding, and support in that time. I met many wonderful people through this place, and all forum members are an integral part of making this forum what it is today so I hope this continues for many more years to come. I have no doubt the forum will continue to be in good hands going forward and I hope you will continue to show our new forum staff the same understanding and support you showed me.

Hope to catch some of you in a future forum meet.

backontrack

Established Member
Have only just seen this, but thank you @bb21 for all you've done for the forum. Enjoy your retirement :P

Congratulations @Cowley, it's hardly for me to say but I feel this is richly deserved. :)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
@bb21....You have always had the knack of resolving matters in a most understanding way when moderation was needed.

@Cowley....A man of many talents whose experiance in his now all-encompassing role will be a great addition to the full moderation role, but keep us still informed of your model railway skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.