• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

overthewater

Established Member
I think you've hit the nail right on the head. And not just on Tayside, but across all of Scotland in general.
This isnt the thread to highlight how the current government for the past 14 odd years has underfunded the scheme.

I wonder if the changes have been brought forward by two weeks because Stagecoach has come to some sort of agreement with the councils. However I've heard there also changes due for Fife so maybe they planning everything together?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roadierway77

So does this mean that the original proposed changes from February & the changes in Angus are happening, even the ones that were supposedly cancelled?
From how I interpret the article, potentially, but they have met with Perth & Kinross Council which might mean they've arranged subsidy for some routes. Why they haven't announced the details of this now and are deciding to keep users waiting is anybody's guess. If the exact timetables and arrangements aren't complete then this shouldn't have been announced already, especially when it's not clear whether the changes are still going ahead as planned or not. It just creates more uncertainty and confusion for passengers.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyBKinross

I'd be surprised if Perth & Kinross Council have chose to subsidise services without agreement of full council or at least the finance and resource committee's agreement. Although subsidy of the services would undoubtedly be the most favoured option by the public.

overthewater

Established Member
I'd be surprised if Perth & Kinross Council have chose to subsidise services without agreement of full council or at least the finance and resource committee's agreement. Although subsidy of the services would undoubtedly be the most favoured option by the public.

Maybe the council has agreed to a short term contract until August so the council can have a proper look at the route.

Mind you I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Perth Depot has been looking for cuts to help free up drivers so they can retake all 4 duties on the X56.