• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

J Burns

Anyone any idea if, or when, MBonwick Stagecoach Fleetcards will be updated. Last is P8 21/22.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
Anyone any idea if, or when, MBonwick Stagecoach Fleetcards will be updated. Last is P8 21/22.
When I get time!
I have a new job, but the main reason is since Covid started, the fleetcards have trickled in over the course of the month(s) rather than mostly concentrating around the period end dates, so it's very hard to get them all collated for upload.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Surprised this hadn't been posted here already but Arbroath based Interdeck 54238 is the latest and first Stagecoach vehicle in Scotland to gain a LGBTQ+ Pride version of the 2020 Stagecoach livery.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
What happened to the X51 Livingston to Glasgow? I’ve been trying to find it but their website is quite bad.
It never returned post-covid, it last operated in March 2020. The route only runs between Dunfermline and Livingston now (as the timetable linked in the post above displays)

stevenedin

Thanks
It never returned post-covid, it last operated in March 2020. The route only runs between Dunfermline and Livingston now (as the timetable linked in the post above displays)
Thanks I’m sure that I had seen it going to Glasgow last year at some point. I could be wrong. That’s such a shame as that’s a link lost for Livingston to Glasgow again unless you travel by train.

Andyh82

Established Member
Am I also right in thinking that all the various services from Edinburgh across to fife are now much less frequent compared to before COVID

I think combined there used to be 12 departures per hour, so one every 5 minutes, now it seems to be closer to half that?

I've made a geographical map of the Stagecoach Express services in Fife. It shows the daytime routes and the basic service frequency for each route.
You can download it here or go to github.com/40414148/Lothian_Published and click on StagecoachFifeExpressNetwork.pdf.

I'm not 100% happy with it, I think the scaling on it is wrong as there's a lot of wasted space in the middle, and then I ran out of space along the edges to put in more detail maps of each town.
I still think it's better than nothing though, the Express routes in Fife were just a bunch of Service Numbers which went off up to Fife towards Unknown Destinations, to me before I started looking into it.
If anyone finds it helpful or has feedback then please do let me know.

Stan Drews

Established Member
I've made a geographical map of the Stagecoach Express services in Fife. It shows the daytime routes and the basic service frequency for each route.
You can download it here or go to github.com/40414148/Lothian_Published and click on StagecoachFifeExpressNetwork.pdf.

I'm not 100% happy with it, I think the scaling on it is wrong as there's a lot of wasted space in the middle, and then I ran out of space along the edges to put in more detail maps of each town.
I still think it's better than nothing though, the Express routes in Fife were just a bunch of Service Numbers which went off up to Fife towards Unknown Destinations, to me before I started looking into it.
Looks very good.
One little route anomaly i noticed is the ‘loop’ around Cellardyke & Anstruther is missing from the map.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member

Very nice. A few issues I note are:
  • The X7 leaves Dundee out to the east (via the A92), not the A90. The route to the west of Dundee City Centre is also incorrect (it serves Hawkhill, Royal Victoria Hospital, Ninewells Hospital and the Technology Park)
  • The X54 also serves Newport-on-Tay

overthewater

Established Member
X27 in Kirkcaldy also goes via its Victoria Hospital and does not follow the same route as X60/1

reallive

Anyone know what happened to the Enviro 400 MMCs that were in Angus for a while (Fleet No's 11181-11186)? Seems they've got replaced with older buses ALX400s and Enviro 400s and they've not been tracked for ages. Just curious.

Accelerator59

Anyone know what happened to the Enviro 400 MMCs that were in Angus for a while (Fleet No's 11181-11186). Seems they've got replaced with older buses ALX400s and Enviro 400s and they've not been tracked for ages. Just curious
Bit out my territory here, but I’ve noticed the B5LH’s haven’t tracked on bustimes since the middle of July as well as most of the MMCs.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
Anyone know what happened to the Enviro 400 MMCs that were in Angus for a while (Fleet No's 11181-11186). Seems they've got replaced with older buses ALX400s and Enviro 400s and they've not been tracked for ages. Just curious
Bit out my territory here, but I’ve noticed the B5LH’s haven’t tracked on bustimes since the middle of July as well as most of the MMCs.
All of Arbroath's MMC deckers are operating the Commonwealth Games shuttles in Birmingham

stevenedin

Does anyone know how to get a proper route map for Stagecoach in Fife? The website is very bad and doesn’t include a network map like other operators. Thanks

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
All of Arbroath's MMC deckers are operating the Commonwealth Games shuttles in Birmingham

I'm assuming the recently transferred B5LH's to Perth have went to Birmingham as well seeing as 3 ALX400s were brought in from Dunfermline (18129, 18130 and 18131 I believe).

They didn't hang around long as it looks like they've gone back to Dunfermline.

kez19

Established Member
I noticed a Plaxton President doing the rounds on the Arbroath services 39/73 as well as the Dundee-Forfar/Kirriemuir route (last time I seen a president was with Xplore Dundee and they are long gone), I don’t know the fleet number of it but I believe it’s on Flickr covering one of the routes.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
I noticed a Plaxton President doing the rounds on the Arbroath services 39/73 as well as the Dundee-Forfar/Kirriemuir route (last time I seen a president was with Xplore Dundee and they are long gone), I don’t know the fleet number of it but I believe it’s on Flickr covering one of the routes.

I 'think' its 18053 or something close to it.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
I'm assuming the recently transferred B5LH's to Perth have went to Birmingham as well seeing as 3 ALX400s were brought in from Dunfermline (18129, 18130 and 18131 I believe).
That's right. Every East Scotland E400MMC is in Birmingham (bar 13115, 10906 and 10920)
...and correct again. 18056 is at Arbroath too

kez19

Established Member

I think you are right as its here... credit photographer ajrm1976

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajrm1976/52208859517/in/photolist-2nxw41i-2k782xR-2hnJAg6

TaysideTrainz: https://www.flickr.com/photos/taysi...7px-eaiAaU-7jhxYA-e19qKD-cewCj7-9uRtLh-LiZfCW

I also believe one of the former ex-Strathtay buses made a home return too - 16936: Cameron Mitchell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15738...sYPYK-2nrN1Ms-2nrsoUY-2nqcDZ1-2nq3T1r-2npCWEP

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get a proper route map for Stagecoach in Fife? The website is very bad and doesn’t include a network map like other operators. Thanks
As far as I'm aware there isn't one, Stagecoach seemed to stop doing network maps a while ago with a few exceptions.
There's my map of the express buses if you want that, although I haven't got round to implementing the corrections on it yet. I've quoted the link to it below.
I don't think there's a map of the local services though unfortunately.

stevenedin

As far as I'm aware there isn't one, Stagecoach seemed to stop doing network maps a while ago with a few exceptions.
There's my map of the express buses if you want that, although I haven't got round to implementing the corrections on it yet. I've quoted the link to it below.
I don't think there's a map of the local services though unfortunately.
Thanks for that. It’s strange that they never created one. I was interested in a map of Dunfermline to see which buses run there including the local ones.

Darklord8899

Thanks for that. It’s strange that they never created one. I was interested in a map of Dunfermline to see which buses run there including the local ones.
Pre-Covid there was local and network maps, however Stagecoach seem to removed the majority of local maps and network maps (Presumably due to all the cancellations/network reductions etc during 2020/21) from pretty much all operating areas now, generally only maps you get are megarider and fare zone maps.

Whether they ever return - who knows.

But in the meantime it's not great for people outwith an operating area who wish to visit and get places but have no network map to help ...

stevenedin

Pre-Covid there was local and network maps, however Stagecoach seem to removed the majority of local maps and network maps (Presumably due to all the cancellations/network reductions etc during 2020/21) from pretty much all operating areas now, generally only maps you get are megarider and fare zone maps.

Whether they ever return - who knows.

But in the meantime it's not great for people outwith an operating area who wish to visit and get places but have no network map to help ...
Thanks hopefully they bring them back again at some point.

route101

Established Member
I have noticed a lack of maps recently on Stagecoach website. They used to do a map of the Fife express network. I like looking at a map as you make sense of the area and any loops you can do.

RomeoCharlie71

Established Member
When are Stagecoach going to get a grip on these ongoing cancellations?

Perth alone has 80 cancellations planned for tomorrow. Surely the council has to get involved in this absolute farce sooner or later?

With the amount of cancellations you actually think if there was any buses running at all.

They can only use ‘Driver shortage’ for so long before people start to question it.
Temporary timetables are unfortunately no longer an option, as all service changes now have to be registered in the usual manner (8-week notice to LAs, 6-week notice to the TC).

I notice most of the cancellations for Perth are in the morning peak. I wonder if this is to cover school journeys which are actually scheduled on duties which are missing, so drivers are being pulled from normal service to cover them? Not that that makes it excusable.

I'm not sure the council can do anything apart from impose penalties on any tendered journeys which are being dropped.

Driver shortage is probably the most appropriate term. Why there's such a driver shortage affecting one depot so much is what is more questionable...

Stan Drews

Established Member
When are Stagecoach going to get a grip on these ongoing cancellations?

Perth alone has 80 cancellations planned for tomorrow. Surely the council has to get involved in this absolute farce sooner or later?

With the amount of cancellations you actually think if there was any buses running at all.

They can only use ‘Driver shortage’ for so long before people start to question it.
The morning peak service on the 1 and 2 (Perth’s busiest route) has been virtually non existent for weeks. It must be a nightmare for the many people in Tulloch and Letham that normally use the bus to get to work, school or college!