• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

robertclark125

Established Member
Interesting developments today. For the 2010-2011 season, Stagecoach Fife has won the contracts to provide supporters buses for the Fife branch of the Glasgow Rangers FC supporters club. At the same time, the sister operation at Rennies has won the contract to provide the supporters buses for the Raith Rovers supporters club. Both these contracts were previously held by Moffat and Williamson.

Rennies has also regained the work to provide the team bus for Dunfermline Athletic FC for next season, replacing Dysart based West Coast Coaches (which is located firmly on the EAST coast!), and has outbid Moffat and Williamson to provide the team bus for Kirkcaldy Rugby Club next season. Quite a lot of work there that's been won.

And although not Stagecoach East Scotland, worth noting that Moffat and Willaimson this week lost all Blackpool promotions tour work to Earnside, Glefarg. This work requried about 3 coaches, picking up in Fife and central scotland.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robertclark125

Established Member
The planned service changes have been detailed from 19th July. TBH, not as bad as first feared, though the withdrawal of the evening service on route 33 is a surprise. The controversial axing of teh 40A takes place, but route G6 is extended to partly cover. However, all this is due to the company receiving less money from the council for the concessionary fares.

robertclark125

Established Member
Yesterday saw the Denend Primary school contract in Cardenden, route 134, being worked by a Volvo B10M-62 coach, quite rare. Normally worked by an MAN 18.220 or Volvo Olympian

robertclark125

Established Member
One of the route 19 MANs has lost its nearside catchphrase, carried on the panels below the windows. These were applied only on the nearside, to allow the offside to be used for advertising. Quite why this example (didn't get the number, sorry) has lost the catchphrase is unclear; there's no evidence of any bodywork repairs etc.

Meanwhile, Aberhill allocated 16737, due for withdrawal by 2012, has been given a repaint. 18100 has gained a mega rear for CAIB.

Jamester

18093 (Dennis Trident) has been given a repaint and lost its "Route 7" branding. 18092 is likely to follow soon.

16176 looks likely to be out of action for a while following accident damage, 47301 (Optare) as well. Can't say I noticed the repaint on 16737, maybe it's due soon. Although I would say 16686 is in need of it first!

Last edited:

robertclark125

Established Member
seven ex Western Scottish/A1 service Dennis Tridents are arriving at Fife, 4 will go to Dunfermline, 3 to Aberhill. This should guarantee full low floor operation of route 7, and seven Volvo Olympians will be cascaded to Rennies.

Jamester

18015 is already in use at Dunfermline, hopefully the others will follow soon. Here's hoping that 16084 is one that Rennies will get!

16686 is getting a repaint at the rear.

robertclark125

Established Member
seven olympians are moving to Rennies. Do we know if seven older olympians will be ousted there, or if a mixture of olympians and coaches will be ousted?

Jamester

seven olympians are moving to Rennies. Do we know if seven older olympians will be ousted there, or if a mixture of olympians and coaches will be ousted?

Not sure. I don't really have any info, I just pick up things I notice when I'm at the depot and out and about! How do you find out all the goings on?

mbonwick

Established Member
I'd be really interested/grateful if any of you could get hold of an East Scotland fleetcard...North West seem to be quite good at distributing them!

Jamester

I'm beginning to wonder if Aberhill are getting the 53 plate tridents from the West. At least 2 are in use at Dunfermline 18014 & 18015. The others have disappeared at least for the time being.

Maybe the fleets will change slightly when the new timetables come into effect on 16th August. Aberhill will possibly need more low floor buses. The vast majority of service 6, 6A & 6B will be low floor as they change to 7 or 7A at Kirkcaldy. New service 8 will run 3 buses an hour and according to the timetable 2 of these will be low floor vehicles. Will wait and see what happens!

Jamester

There appears to be some fleet changes in Fife this week.

Aberhill seems to have lost 27603, 27604 & 27605 to Dunfermline. These are being used on service 7 and 6. 20149 is also gone, not sure if temporary. 20148 looks like it won't be in service for a while.

It looks like Aberhill has gained 22581, 33436 and 33439. 22581 can provide extra cover on express services as it has a digital tacho.

And it seems to be the season for repaints. Quite a few have had a freshen up, although the Volvo Olympians are only getting a repaint at the rear.

robertclark125

Established Member
Bridge repair works in Cowdenbeath High Street on certain Saturday night/Sunday mornings in September (presumably the railway bridge), mean that routes 17, 19, 30, and 56 have been diverted. Work lasts whole of September.

robertclark125

Established Member
A large cycle race from Edinburgh to Glasgow last Sunday resulted in numerous Stagecoach Fife buses providing transport for those taking part. Not sure which ones, but Dunfermline and Glenrothes depot provided some buses.

Jamester

A few from Aberhill were at the cycle event last Sunday. 53281 was one which was used.

Various buses were also used at the Leuchars Air Show last weekend. A low floor MAN from St.Andrews suffered accident damage after a car collided with it. Fleet no. 22722.

Established Member
I noticed this week that Stirling's UniLink buses have changed from being Wright Solars to mostly 05 plate Scania OmniDekkas.

Last edited:

robertclark125

Established Member
A B10M coach, R reg, has gained a rear end advert for Kinross Sunday Market!

Elsewhere, the 18 Enviro 400s delivered last year have not yet gained side fleetnames!

Jamester

A B10M coach, R reg, has gained a rear end advert for Kinross Sunday Market!

Elsewhere, the 18 Enviro 400s delivered last year have not yet gained side fleetnames!

The rear advert for Kinross may have popped up due to 20148 getting a repaint and losing this. Not sure where 20148 and 20149 have gone?? Still lots of buses being repainted at the moment.

It looks like 22266 is getting new seating fitted so not sure where this will be heading. It started its days in Fife at Cowdenbeath before moving to Glenrothes.

I also noted one of Glenrothes single deck 59 plate Dennis enviros has received branding promoting the X42. It may be 27612 but not sure.

robertclark125

Established Member
22266 started at Dunfermline, before moving to Glenrothes! 22266-8 were the three for Dunfermline in 1999. 22268 actually was demonstrated to Dublin Bus!

Jamester

22266 started at Dunfermline, before moving to Glenrothes! 22266-8 were the three for Dunfermline in 1999. 22268 actually was demonstrated to Dublin Bus!

Ahh I hadn't realised 22266-68 were originally Dunfermline.

They seem to be having a few problems with the V reg MANs now. 22263, now at St.Andrews is currently out of action. I've read of problems with some that are ex Fife and now in other areas.

There are currently no V or X reg ones at Aberhill. I was glad when Glenrothes got 22276 and 22277 back. I don't like the low driving position and they are overall not nice buses to drive.

Jamester

Low floor MAN 22276 has been repainted, still in Stagecoach swoops but no branding. It also has had its seating partially removed. Maybe it is destined elsewhere???

robertclark125

Established Member
Several routes affected with road closures due to roadworks. A shuttle bus has to partially replace routes 71, while from 11-15th November routes 32 and 34 will be unable to serve the dundonald area of Cardenden, due to the bridge over Station Road/Main Road being repaired, requiring the scaffolding to be moved, resulting in total road closure. This is the only road directly linknig Dundonald with the rest of Cardenden. Otherwise, have to drive to Kirkcaldy or Lochgelly.