• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jamester

Upseated or just retrimmed? Will be very interesting and a group first if it is having seating capacity increased...

Retrimmed. Apologies!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Always stand by your convictions. ;)

Your kinda highlight the point I'm making since if their working overtime to clear a backlog of buses which need to be repainted. I have nothing against the painter at Aberhill there just working away, but the coaches which were sent down from Aberdeen last November have still not been repainted and some of them baldy need repaints, let alone fixing the rubber seals on the doors, or even having minor retims to get rid dirty old seats. B7 are also falling into the same problems.

Worse thing, its those down at the heel coaches which are now covering the Luxury X24.

Perhaps they're pushing for replacements for the B12s? Breakdowns, complaints about quality etc. are all ammunition to the argument for a fleet upgrade. I have seen a few complaints on twitter about the grubby interiors of these coaches on the X24.

mbonwick

Established Member
Should start seeing this years new coaches arriving in Fife over the next few weeks....

overthewater

Established Member
I thought there was only a couple due this year for Fife?

Nothing for the X55?
There only three other coaches due for the whole of Stagecoach.

* 2 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite 4x2
* 1 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite i

Neither are good enough. X55 will get nothing its not as busy as it used to be and its getting less used now.

Fifescottish

You mention 11 coaches above for the X24. Is it not the case that 3 are for east scotland and 8 for West Scotland?

If all 11 were for east, what would happen the ex bluebird coaches?

overthewater

Established Member
You mention 11 coaches above for the X24. Is it not the case that 3 are for east scotland and 8 for West Scotland?

If all 11 were for east, what would happen the ex bluebird coaches?

I have NO idea! this is what Im trying to get information about? I never even know the coaches were coming Scotland. What are the West Scotland needing them for?

Also IF and its a big if at the moment what East Scotland is getting unless someone can explain? Also

This to me looks like the 49 seater versions.
* 2 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite 4x2
* 1 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite i

Ex bluebird coaches sold off? or school work? only smarties might have the answer.

Fifescottish

This was information that was available elsewhere online

Volvo B11R:
54277 - 54283 for Rugby. Midlands
54284 for East Scotland.
54331 - 54333 for East Scotland.
54334 - 54441 for West Scotland.

overthewater

Established Member
Thanks for that, I had no idea! I was able to dig up a bit more so

54284 are Volvo B11R 13.8m for East Scotland.
54331 - 54333 are Volvo B11R 15m for East Scotland.

Big question is where in East Scotland Empire are those four coaches going? For all we know it could be X7? or megabus work?

Surreyman

Announced a few days ago: -

Scotland Transport
Three key operators will add 46 low carbon emission buses

“Scotland’s bus fleet is going greener thanks to the latest Scottish Green Bus Fund” said Humza Yousaf, Transport Minister today (4 October).

Speaking at the CPT Conference in Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond today, the Minister announced this latest round of SGBF funding worth around £2 million.

Since it was first introduced, the SGBF has supported the purchase of 269 low carbon emission buses across Scotland. This latest round will see 46 new low emission buses

"introduced by three key operators: First Scotland East, Lothian Buses and Stagecoach East Scotland."

Are these newly announced "low carbon emission buses" from existing orders or actual additional orders? There is no breakdown by Numbers/Operators of the "46 new low emission buses"

Fifescottish

Andrew Jarvis, Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland said

"We are committed to improving public transport in Angus and Dundee and I am therefore delighted that we have been successful in our bid for this Scottish Green Bus funding towards improving our "green" bus fleet. These new vehicles will complement our existing 18 electric hybrid buses already in the area, helping reduce our environmental impact and we look forward to introducing them to our customers on the 20/21 routes in the Spring."

Fifescottish

I presume Rennies must operate some journeys on the 56? Last 2 nights there has been a B7 coach coming into Perth on the 56 about 1750.

I dare say it might get more once Cowdenbeath reopens shortly, including some no19.

What's this regarding Cowdenbeath reopening and rennies closing/moving to Cowdenbeath? Have I missed something as I can't seem to find any news regarding this.
If rennies are moving to Cowdenbeath, would the name 'rennies of dunfermline' be dropped?

overthewater

Established Member
What's this regarding Cowdenbeath reopening and rennies closing/moving to Cowdenbeath? Have I missed something as I can't seem to find any news regarding this.
If rennies are moving to Cowdenbeath, would the name 'rennies of dunfermline' be dropped?

Stagecoach has sold the wellwood lease to the housing company, which are building next to the site. It was suppose to been in August but some work has needed to be done. Any day now?

'rennies of dunfermline' its not been called that in ages.

Stan Drews

Established Member
Stagecoach has sold the wellwood lease to the housing company, which are building next to the site. It was suppose to been in August but some work has needed to be done. Any day now?

'rennies of dunfermline' its not been called that in ages.

As far as I'm led to believe, the potential relocation of the Rennies operation to the former Cowdenbeath depot, is not actively being considered at the moment.

overthewater

Established Member
As far as I'm led to believe, the potential relocation of the Rennies operation to the former Cowdenbeath depot, is not actively being considered at the moment.

Has this been changed again?

I spoke with the depot manager at the stagecoach stall display during the SVBM weekend and he did say there were planning on moving by October.

Last edited:

Jamester

Timetable changes on 24th October to Fife service 7 pending approval. The timings are being changed with an increase between Dalgety Bay and Kirkcaldy. Frequency and route will remain unchanged.

overthewater

Established Member
PM0000004/103 - FIFE SCOTTISH OMNIBUSES LTD T/A Stagecoach East Scotland, UNIT 9, CASTLE BUSINESS CENTRE, QUEENSFERRY ROAD, PITREAVIE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, DUNFERMLINE, KY11 8NT
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Dunfermline bus station and Kirkcaldy bus station given service number 7 effective from 24-Oct-2016. To amend Timetable.

So goodbye to a joint 15min service to Inverkeithing then... This can only be another short term gap, come spring that will NEVER cope with the surge in demand

overthewater

Established Member
Genuine question – what happens in the Spring in West Fife that causes a surge in passenger numbers? Are people really flocking to Inverkeithing?

No, its Aberdour, Burtisland and Kinghorn, for the beaches, fun fair and Holiday camps. If you were keeping an eye on twitter over this year, even with a 20mins service, journeys still run late due to heavy demand. It comes from both side West Fife and Central Fife.

The current service plan is
No7 every 30min Dunfermline to Leven,

No7a every 30min Kirkcaldy to Leven, ( ie 15mins over that whole section)
No7B 30min Dalgerty Bay to Kelty, ( 15mins over Dagerty Bay to Dunfermline)
But if the timetables has been changed to give more running time to the No7 then it will need to start early thus the 15mins interval goes out the window most likely it will 10/20min gap at best.

Volvo bus SW09 UMD was loan to arbroath for the X7 today, whilst dunfermline's 19156 was on the 20/21 in Dundee today