• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

Macllain

Has this been changed again?

I spoke with the depot manager at the stagecoach stall display during the SVBM weekend and he did say there were planning on moving by October.

It was ment to be the 10th of October but all the plans have been cancelled, if they ever genuinely existed in the first place!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overthewater

Established Member
It was ment to be the 10th of October but all the plans have been cancelled, if they ever genuinely existed in the first place!

The Wellwood depot I'm lead to believe has been sold to the housing company so Rennies will need to move out at some point.

Also further changes are planned in connection to Amzaon, because of the new shift pattens which sees people finish work 15mins after all the other night shifts. It also turns out some overslight has taken place with other routes, which means you can come back from work but not get there...

Macllain

The Wellwood depot I'm lead to believe has been sold to the housing company so Rennies will need to move out at some point.

Also further changes are planned in connection to Amzaon, because of the new shift pattens which sees people finish work 15mins after all the other night shifts. It also turns out some overslight has taken place with other routes, which means you can come back from work but not get there...

Wellwood has been sold for years, but with the many recent sinkholes appearing in adjacent fields I'm not so sure they are in a rush to build houses, the latest and largest one having only finally been filled in last month. There has been a lot of theft/vandalism to the depot building at Cowdenbeath which included the theft of a considerable amount of copper, it would take some time and expense to get it back to operational standard. An email from the MD is currently circulating which states there are no plans for Rennies to move to Cowdenbeath in the near future but it should not be ruled out.

Fifescottish

Doesnt sound like the kind of place to store lots of reserve vehicles, including the Scanias which must still have considerable value!

Jamester

No, its Aberdour, Burtisland and Kinghorn, for the beaches, fun fair and Holiday camps. If you were keeping an eye on twitter over this year, even with a 20mins service, journeys still run late due to heavy demand. It comes from both side West Fife and Central Fife.

The current service plan is
No7 every 30min Dunfermline to Leven,

No7a every 30min Kirkcaldy to Leven, ( ie 15mins over that whole section)
No7B 30min Dalgerty Bay to Kelty, ( 15mins over Dagerty Bay to Dunfermline)
But if the timetables has been changed to give more running time to the No7 then it will need to start early thus the 15mins interval goes out the window most likely it will 10/20min gap at best.

Between Inverkeithing towards Dunfermline there will only be a 7 minute gap between 7 and 7B. Departures from Dunfermline are spaced to maintain a 15 minute frequency, give or take 1 minute.

Departures from Leven on 7/7A have only a 5 minute gap. Departures from Kirkcaldy to Leven are better spaced. Overall not ideal but the 7 does need some extra time. They have also added one or two extra bits, including extending the 2305 from Dunfermline which now runs to Leven. Likewise the 2305 departure from Leven is extended to St.Leonards.

overthewater

Established Member
The 7 never needed the extra time, if there just left it alone would have been fine, and ruining it via Camdean is just plain stupid. What there should have done in the first place is just operate every 15mins to Inverkeithing, and use the resource to have Burntisland to Kirkcaldy section every 15mins.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It seems this is the 3rd bus to go up in flames

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/301731/bus-catches-fire-near-kirkcaldy/

Emergency services were called to the Orrock Quarry road between Kirkcaldy and Dalgety Bay shortly before 7.30pm.

All passengers escaped unharmed.

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to a buss well alight at 7.28pm.

“Crews from Lochgelly and South Queensferry attended at the Puddledub bus stop on the Quarry road between Kirkcaldy and Dalgety Bay.

“All passengers were off the bus.”

Jamester

The 7 never needed the extra time, if there just left it alone would have been fine, and ruining it via Camdean is just plain stupid. What there should have done in the first place is just operate every 15mins to Inverkeithing, and use the resource to have Burntisland to Kirkcaldy section every 15mins.
It seems this is the 3rd bus to go up in flames

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/301731/bus-catches-fire-near-kirkcaldy/

This was 27547. Earlier in the month 17584 suffered a fire.

Leaving the 7 alone wasn't an option. They wanted to save money but didn't factor in the effect this would have on passenger volumes vs running time. Which is why they have had to considerably increase timings to regain a reliable service. There used to be 4 daytime journeys per hour (including the 57) between Kirkcaldy and Burntisland. They cut that in half and whoever sanctioned the revised timetable introduced on 15 August failed miserably!

The timing issue is between St.Clair Street in Kirkcaldy and Aberdour. Camdean isn't a problem timewise. Some might say Camdean passengers have been spoiled with the 19 for so long. For that area a half hourly service should be sufficient. Just my opinion!

overthewater

Established Member
That a pet hate of my " I know lets spend the money on increase the running times instead of increasing the freq at the key points" Truly a bad idea, and does not serve the public will.

It will get worse next spring, then what? Stagecoach will have no choice but to operate extra dups.

Fifescottish

27547 wont be running again. Pictures on the Fife Jammers facebook page show the back end is pretty much gone!

Jamester

That a pet hate of my " I know lets spend the money on increase the running times instead of increasing the freq at the key points" Truly a bad idea, and does not serve the public will.

It will get worse next spring, then what? Stagecoach will have no choice but to operate extra dups.

How is increasing running time more expensive than operating an increased frequency? A half hour frequency saves at least 3 bus workings per day, fewer drivers required = reduction is wage bill. I would say adding extra running time is the most cost effective option. I agree that the service is poorer for passengers but money and profits come first.

Why will they need dups in spring and summer? On non schooldays they will put deckers on. They already use dups in the evening when Links Market is on and when it's Burntisland fireworks.

overthewater

Established Member
How is increasing running time more expensive than operating an increased frequency? A half hour frequency saves at least 3 bus workings per day, fewer drivers required = reduction is wage bill. I would say adding extra running time is the most cost effective option. I agree that the service is poorer for passengers but money and profits come first.

Why will they need dups in spring and summer? On non schooldays they will put deckers on. They already use dups in the evening when Links Market is on and when it's Burntisland fireworks.

I think your mis-understood what I mean. Yes the company has to make money but the way its been done of late isnt the best way. I never said there should be an increase in freq over the full route, I said " f increasing the freq at the key points"

Let take the current PVR = 9 buses
From Monday 24 new PVP = 10 buses. So there already having to spend money on wages etc.

What Im saying is keep the existing timetable but use that extra bus to boost the service between Kirkcaldy and Burtisland, When it St clair st is shouldn't need the extra time because it provides a joint 15mins service with 39.

enrag2000

Stagecoach announced today (25 October 2016) that Andrew Jarvis, Managing Director of Stagecoach East Scotland, is leaving the company after 10 years with the business.

Andrew (42), who has more than 20 years' experience in the bus industry, joined Stagecoach in 2006.

He was appointed Operations Director for Stagecoach South and became Managing Director, Stagecoach Bluebird, in May 2010. Andrew took up the role of Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland, in July 2013.

Stagecoach East Scotland operates more than 500 buses and coaches across Fife, Dundee, Perthshire and Angus and employs more than 1,300 people across nine depots.

HTIOI!

overthewater

Established Member
Its like Rats leaving a ship, I wonder why he's leaving. He did make a comment, " He had no plans move again", that was in a passing comment when I said "I hope you be around for a while".

You can all have a good go at me, but something clearly isn't going right with East Scotland, that another roles which will need to be filled at the company.

Stagecoach has started a recruitment process for a new Managing Director of the East Scotland regional company. In the interim, the business will be overseen by Robert Andrew, Stagecoach Regional Director for Scotland. Jon Oakey, the company's Scottish Regional Finance Partner, has been appointed Acting General Manager and will manage the day-to-day operations, reporting to Robert Andrew.

That come FULL circular since Robert Andrew now back controlling the company, the post he last held until 2000?

Last edited:

Jamester

I think your mis-understood what I mean. Yes the company has to make money but the way its been done of late isnt the best way. I never said there should be an increase in freq over the full route, I said " f increasing the freq at the key points"

Let take the current PVR = 9 buses
From Monday 24 new PVP = 10 buses. So there already having to spend money on wages etc.

What Im saying is keep the existing timetable but use that extra bus to boost the service between Kirkcaldy and Burtisland, When it St clair st is shouldn't need the extra time because it provides a joint 15mins service with 39.

The new timetable is working well. Despite the extra bus working, as far as I'm aware, no new shifts have been created so any increase to the wage bill is minimal. St.Clair Street is the point where the service started to lose time. This was more to do with traffic conditions other than passenger numbers.

Fifescottish

And another one goes up in flames..

Fire crews rushed to extinguish a bus which caught fire during rush hour on Tuesday morning.

The Stagecoach vehicle went up in flames at around 8.10am on the B935 near Forgandenny.

Fire fighters took around half an hour to put out the flames.

I believe it was operating Perth service 17.

Is fire damaged 10006 back in service because I swear I saw it in Dundee on the 57 on Saturday evening,

also does anyone know why 19156 is working out of arbroath instead of dunfermline recently and why 18012 is allocated to arbroath

Fifescottish

53296 looks to have lost its Rejects advert and is back in fleet colours with no branding.
Festive Timetables are now online.

And....Please note there will also be some minor timetable changes in Fife and Perth from January 2017 - information will be available on these changes from the end of November

overthewater

Established Member
Festive Timetables are now online.

And....Please note there will also be some minor timetable changes in Fife and Perth from January 2017 - information will be available on these changes from the end of November

Reason for not saying is nothing been submitted yet :lol:

I see some cuts to the boxing day timetable and some improvements.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Reason for not saying is nothing been submitted yet :lol:

I see some cuts to the boxing day timetable and some improvements.

The boxing day services on Perth's rural routes leave a lot to be desired for anyway. I think last year there was only 5 runs on service 15. Nice to see that they haven't cut it back any further.

Surprises me though that they aren't running service 47 between Crieff and Stirling as it ties in with the 15 these days.

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
What I would love to know is what prat thought its a good idea operate that 03.48 X24 journey to Glasgow Airport. Let alone the 0357 747 to Edinburgh Airport.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
What I would love to know is what prat thought its a good idea operate that 03.48 X24 journey to Glasgow Airport. Let alone the 0357 747 to Edinburgh Airport.

Believe it or not there are a few people get on the X24 at 04:47 when it gets into Cumbernauld. Whether or not that'll be the case over Xmas and New Year who knows...

Fifescottish

Surprised that the 3 isnt running in Fife on Boxing Day. That leaves Duloch and Pitcorthie with no service.

overthewater

Established Member
Believe it or not there are a few people get on the X24 at 04:47 when it gets into Cumbernauld. Whether or not that'll be the case over Xmas and New Year who knows...

On Boxing day i doubt it, unless stagecoach believe there a market for Shopper, if thats the case why nothing to Livingston.

Surprised that the 3 isn't running in Fife on Boxing Day. That leaves Duloch and Pitcorthie with no service.

Pitcarin is only every 2 hours. The No36 isn't running either, and with the 53 running you'll have to wonder how long until the 39 is cut back to hourly to interwork with that service.

Fifescottish

At least they have something, no number 3 leaves a large area of Dunfermline with nothing. Pitcorthie has a relatively elderly population who will miss having a Boxing day service.

overthewater

Established Member
At least they have something, no number 3 leaves a large area of Dunfermline with nothing. Pitcorthie has a relatively elderly population who will miss having a Boxing day service.

Remember this is wholly commercial operation now, but still.

Stan Drews

Established Member
The boxing day services on Perth's rural routes leave a lot to be desired for anyway. I think last year there was only 5 runs on service 15. Nice to see that they haven't cut it back any further.

Surprises me though that they aren't running service 47 between Crieff and Stirling as it ties in with the 15 these days.

The 47 is a PKC tendered service, whilst the 15 is largely commercial, so I'd imagine that explains the boxing day service levels.
PKC don't specify any tendered services on 25th/26th Dec or 1st Jan. They used to for 2nd Jan, but fairly sure they don't now.

overthewater

Established Member
The Cuts are a coming with the Fife council tenders coming in 2017. Of course Bay travel could nip in with cheaper bids and save certain routes....

* No13: looks set to be every 2 hours.
* No32: either be Weekday 4pm onwards only and all day weekends OR it will operate direct to Oriel Road - Retail park then as now, that saves a bus. Of course it will run on top of the No81... Why not run it 10mins earlier then it would then give better space. OR better still make it leave Kirkcaldy and glenrothes at 50 mins past each hour problem solved....... but thats to dam easy.....

* 45: Tanshall – Bus Station – Woodside - Markinch Rail Station= Evenings and Sundays ( ie replace the current seprate routes, and thus meaning the 43a/44a will just run back and forth between Leven and Glenrothes

Evening and sunday service within Kirkcaldy.
* K1 Bus Station - Brodick Road - Birnam Road - Fife Central Retail Park - Bus Station - Dunnikier Estate - Bus Station
* K2 Bus Station - Brodick Road - Redcraigs - Bus Station - Templehall - Lindores Drive - Bus Station

Money has been found to pay for two evening runs on the no18, so not all bad news.
###
It seems No8 to alloa is one of the services changing I believe in January. I could be wrong thanks to the crap new vosa system.

Last edited: