• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach East Scotland

overthewater

Established Member
That stop has been a pest for years! Number of times the lights were at green and you had to stop!

Not anymore, I bet it will pee of the locals... good <D Personnel I believe from Barton onwards its should be drop off only into Edinburgh and pick up only out of Edin.

There should also scrap the Davids Main and Blackhall stops and replace them with Blackhall Library.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overthewater

Established Member
The Company has lost No13 and 46 tender services. Its very unclear if the other tenders service which Stagecoach are keeping will not have any changes.

Somebody in East Scotland must like the Optares, the number of Versas and new Solos they have these days!

Its bigger and more powerful stock, so we can't complain.

Last edited:

Fifescottish

Reported elsewhere that the following have transferred to East Scotland

Megabus Van Hool Sleepers 50307/308

B12B 54046 - 54049

Wonder what they are for?

overthewater

Established Member
Reported elsewhere that the following have transferred to East Scotland

Megabus Van Hool Sleepers 50307/308

B12B 54046 - 54049

Wonder what they are for?

Its been said gold buses are to Rennies, why knows? maybe new X5/x9 service?

B12B are more interesting, maybe there going to help kill off the rest of the B7 and would increase the number of spare seats going.

If I was a betting man, I would say put those B12 on the new X56 and moved the newer stock onto the X55. ;)

Also another change will take place on 5th June, extra run on the 47 around 09.10

If anyone is wonder whats going on the G90: http://www.donaldstirling.me.uk/BusesofScotland/Edinburgh-Coach-Lines/i-mmbx4bk/A brand new stock.

Last edited:

overthewater

Established Member
X8 has appeared on Traveline, X7 and X8 will operate a joint 30mins service from PRI to Arbroath.

Whats the difference? X8 will go via Glendoick and Explorer Road in Dundee.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Is Perth short of single deckers for its rural runs?

Noticed while I was up in Crieff that the majority of the single deckers running on services 15/A and 47 are the Letham & Tulloch Loop branded E300s...

Presume there will be a few depot reallocations this weekend in connection with Mondays changes?

I heard that 2 rennies tridents were at Blairgowrie yesterday, so don't know if they were on loan or for vyking replacements (arbroath lost 16924/5/6/7/8 to ex west tridents over the past 2/3 weeks) whilst 19547/8/9/50/51/55/56/57 all have returned from bluebird over the past 2/3 weeks

mbonwick

Established Member
Shouldn't be any need for ex-London Tridents to be moving to replace Vykings. If anything, the ex-London stock at Rennies will also be heading for the bin due to age...

overthewater

Established Member
Presume there will be a few depot reallocations this weekend in connection with Mondays changes?

The only changes will be coaches moving around, I believe Dunfermline getting some more work back? When are the new coaches due to appear?

Also Whats happening to the Nine E300 which are used on the 40/A are there staying with Fife? are heading south? Its a shame none of them are going on to the X55...

Fifescottish

See on another site that 24007 has been sold to Ensign and sounds like the rest will go the same way.

Spotted 25259, one of the ex south west versas on the 3 so must be allocated to Dunfermline.

Pity the X55 is a mix of everything. Poor for Dunfermline passengers, especially when t/t says coaches with toilets etc.

overthewater

Established Member
See on another site that 24007 has been sold to Ensign and sounds like the rest will go the same way.

Spotted 25259, one of the ex south west versas on the 3 so must be allocated to Dunfermline.

Pity the X55 is a mix of everything. Poor for Dunfermline passengers, especially when t/t says coaches with toilets etc.

Was 24007 the that was sent to wales? where did you read it ;) Nothing has been good as the PS on the 55. Stagecoach needs to find a decent bus.

I believe the 3 Versas are replacing more 60plate E200, yet there still a few 04 plate darts floating about.

mbonwick

Established Member
Can't replace any more 60-plate E200s when there's none left.
(OK there's 36194 but the depreciation is high on that due to repairs so won't be shifted on, and 36193 at Perth as spare for their 63-plates)

overthewater

Established Member
Can't replace any more 60-plate E200s when there's none left.
(OK there's 36194 but the depreciation is high on that due to repairs so won't be shifted on, and 36193 at Perth as spare for their 63-plates)

I thought the 09 Plates were brough in to replace the last of the E200, if that is not the case I wonder what there placed instead.

Fifescottish

24007 was the one that was sent down south. Was on the Steven Knight media site.

I thought 36194 was on the road recently in Dunfermline?

Presumably the 09 plate Versas will replace last of the Pointers in Dunfermline or the 55 plate / 06 plate Solos?

Surely it would make sense to put the ex route 40 E300 on the X55...

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Was 24007 the that was sent to wales? where did you read it ;) Nothing has been good as the PS on the 55. Stagecoach needs to find a decent bus.

I believe the 3 Versas are replacing more 60plate E200, yet there still a few 04 plate darts floating about.

There's a photo of 24007 on Flickr with it sitting at Ensign...

mbonwick

Established Member
36193/4 are still with East Scotland but will be staying, as previously explained.

I would suggest that Fifescottish is probably closest to the money with the Versas replacing Pointers, but I have no solid info.

Looking likely that Ensign will take some if not all of the Omnilinks. Interestingly Bluebird appear to be treating 24004 to a coat of paint...