• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Repaint Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JetBlast

Perhaps but the point i guess is more the fact that they're completely ignoring the guidelines. Although anyone with any knowledge of Stagecoach knows the guidelines don't go any further north than Perth :lol:. They've also got two logos on the sides rather than one for some bizarre reason.

If they are guidelines they don't need to be followed to the letter?

scosutsut

** Breaking (fake) news **

Can exclusively reveal the inspiration for the new Stagecoach livery was w p**s stained underpass in Hastings!!!
Glorious!!

In all seriousness, they seem to have own goaled again here, their issue was inconsistency, which they've decided the fix by introducing uniformity, that is being un-uniformly* applied. Couldn't make it up.

Could we imagine a scenario where a repainted vehicle would be transferred from one operation to another, and the receiver would repaint it to their own interpretation of the colours?

* - not sure this is actually a word but you get my meaning!

Romsey

Overheard in Winchester earlier today -
"Mummy, why is that bus all faded?
"I expect they used too much sanitizer when cleaning it"
A touching lack of knowledge from the mother, but that nipper is observant and needs encouragement.

PS I've also heard "The Kings City" livery referred to as blackcurrant cheese cake. ( Biscuit, filling and fruit topping.)

hst43102

Overheard in Winchester earlier today -
"Mummy, why is that bus all faded?
"I expect they used too much sanitizer when cleaning it"
A touching lack of knowledge from the mother, but that nipper is observant and needs encouragement.

PS I've also heard "The Kings City" livery referred to as blackcurrant cheese cake. ( Biscuit, filling and fruit topping.)
"faded" being the new Stagecoach livery?

SteveyBee131

The fleet number on the destination box is a remnant of the old livery that hasn't been removed thus far. There's a similar one on the back window too. The staff that do Grimsby depot repaints don't seem to attend to obsolete or superfluous window transfers! 37200 does have fleet numbers in new livery style too, in what I think are the usual places.

37207 is another Grimsby based Enviro 200 Dart now in new 'local' livery

Last edited:

fgwrich

Established Member
Apologies if mentioned already, but I see we have another variation on the theme - the Angry looking Enviro. The first picture is with the now previous yellow front, second is it's recent modification. Still retains the Angry black eyes / monobrow though.

Unsure if Hampshire (Basingstoke) has had any repaints yet, though I did see a "Google Bus" E200MMC leave the bus station the other day.

scosutsut

Rather ironically, it takes a vehicle fairly rare in the Stagecoach inventory for me to actually bear the local livery:

Scania Omnidecker in new Stagecoach local livery

Original Source:
Tobi (@tobidrivesbuses) Tweeted:
https://twitter.com/tobidrivesbuses/status/1313530807525560322?s=20

Also, is this an agreed standard for auxillary vehicles or are Bluebird just off doing their thing as usual?

Stagecoach Bluebird coach in overall blue as driver trainer.

Original Source: Jack Wright (@wrighty01) Tweeted:
https://twitter.com/wrighty01/status/1313560783624769536?s=20

Not my photos, screengrabbed and rehosted to aid visibility, full ownership and credit on links.

Last edited:

fgwrich

Established Member
Rather ironically, it takes a vehicle fairly rare in the Stagecoach inventory for me to actually bear the local livery:

Original Source:

Also, is this an agreed standard for auxillary vehicles or are Bluebird just off doing their thing as usual?

Not my photos, screengrabbed and rehosted to aid visibility, full ownership and credit on links.
Impressively that Omnidekker actually looks very smart in this scheme. I think in part because the window band breaks up the monotony of it. But I would say that’s a 9/10 for a change!

py_megapixel

Established Member
I think what's needed is something to fill in that huge white gap at the front. My preference would be either black or an extension of the blue.

cnjb8

Established Member

Original Source:

It's a Scania OmniCity and will that training livery be nationwide?

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Opcos will probably go off and do their own thing, but yes the blue is meant to be the new training livery. Funnily enough it looks far better than the schoolbus livery being applied to service coaches!

scosutsut

It's a Scania OmniCity and will that training livery be nationwide?
Apologies, I didn't check I knew it was an OmniSomething ™ :lol:

Not sure re training livery, Bluebird are famous for doing their own thing but it seems to be the same blue as from the new local livery so it's possible?

tbtc

Veteran Member

That's the best version of the new livery that I've seen, I think that the blue around the destination screen makes it look better (rather than, on most vehicles, giving the impression that your oh-so-clever livery didn't consider the massive black windows/destination screen)

It's a shame that the subtle detail of the tapering golden "swoosh" is still ruined by the rear wheel being in the way - but I guess the designers wouldn't have considered that buses have massive wheels that spoil attempts at fancy wee details (as time goes on, I get more nostalgic for the original "Barbie" livery First had which was designed around the fact that there's a rear wheel, rather than ruined by it as the various versions of the new Stagecoach livery tend to be)

(I'm trying to give some kind of constructive reasons for the feedback, rather than a simple "I think red is better than blue" or "I prefer the livery of the nationalised operator I grew up with pre-deregulation")

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I don't think there's ever been a nationwide training livery?

There has but hasn't, there's been schemes that have been adopted by most opcos, but never anything officially group wide, and i doubt there ever will be as there's always going to be somewhere that does it's own thing.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Can I just ask, have any ex-Gold vehicles been repainted, and if so what to? Presumably if so the interiors still carry the "gold" branding and possibly the timetables too... what a mess!

fgwrich

Established Member
Can I just ask, have any ex-Gold vehicles been repainted, and if so what to? Presumably if so the interiors still carry the "gold" branding and possibly the timetables too... what a mess!

Yes, several in the Devon fleet amongst others have gained Luxury Schoolbus Yellow. Interior remains the same.

Perhaps some of the oddest in the South Downs fleet though are the ex Gold E300s from Aldershot - since repainted into the Route 1 Green livery, while retaining a full Gold interior. Though they are now hitting the paintshop too (as are the Route 60 E400s) and will be coming out in the standard white scheme.

Last edited:

scosutsut

Opcos will probably go off and do their own thing, but yes the blue is meant to be the new training livery. Funnily enough it looks far better than the schoolbus livery being applied to service coaches!
Sorry missed this reply earlier, agree 100% on the schoolbus livery! It's the maddest bit of the madness!

175mph

On Moderation
Yes, several in the Devon fleet amongst others have gained Luxury Schoolbus Yellow. Interior remains the same.

Perhaps some of the oddest in the South Downs fleet though are the ex Gold E300s from Aldershot - since repainted into the Route 1 Green livery, while retaining a full Gold interior. Though they are now hitting the paintshop too (as are the Route 60 E400s) and will be coming out in the standard white scheme.

I really like that yellow 'school bus' livery, it reminds me of a packaging design for a luxury biscuits or sweets brand. :)

175mph

On Moderation
It really should be the dark blue they used to paint the skirts.
I didn't really like the dark blue part of the original Gold livery, it made me think of a bus specially chartered to transport mourners to a funeral. :(

But I'm glad the standard white, green, yellow and blue wasn't applied and that a special Gold variation has been thought of, even as this new 'standardized' livery era is being ushered in, the thought of a largely white livery on the outside and a dark blue and gold interior I find somewhat unsettling.

hst43102

I didn't really like the dark blue part of the original Gold livery, it made me think of a bus specially chartered to transport mourners to a funeral. :(

But I'm glad the standard white, green, yellow and blue wasn't applied and that a special Gold variation has been thought of, even as this new 'standardized' livery era is being ushered in, the thought of a largely white livery on the outside and a dark blue and gold interior I find somewhat unsettling.

I love the old Gold livery. Only problem is that, when dirty and with vinyls missing, it looks much more of a mess than the regular beachball.

Rod Harrison

Wondered what’s happened with London. Have they had the new logo applied to any vehicles? Easy way of getting a good chunk of the fleet into the new one very cheaply too!

Status
Not open for further replies.