• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach West Scotland

Scotrail314209

Established Member
I've been trying to plan that, but I can't seem to find an itinerary which doesn't take absolutely all day to complete (e.g. I'd like to finish before 8 or 9pm!!). I'm also trying to plan to use the second part of a return ticket on the 900, which probably doesn't help the timings.
I thought the 500 would have been a coach, thinking about the length of the route?

The 500 varies. There are normally some older Elites on, but it can really be anything they want which can include Solos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
The 500 varies. There are normally some older elites on, but it can really be anything they want which can include Solos.

Last year I had a E300 on the 500 and few years back an Elite. I take it the X75 no longer runs?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The 500 varies. There are normally some older Elites on, but it can really be anything they want which can include Solos.
It's probably because most of the runs are done by a different bus due to the way the boards are set up.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Hello.

Noticed 39007 showing on bustimes as being back at Ardrossan. Is this a permanent move as it seems to be the first time 007 has been out in a while.

39007 is currently running a 585A service.

GALLANTON

Are the new electric buses still at Volvo or have any of them arrived at Kilmarnock yet?

route101

Established Member
Took a jaunt on Stagecoach West today. Glasgow to Ayr on X77, Plaxton Elite, prefer the deckers. Ayr to Cumnock on 43. Took the 43 as I have already done the 42 route. Quite busy coming out of Ayr on a Saturday Morning. 64 plate E300 so nothing exciting. Short wait at Cumnock Bus Station, new shelters have been erected here. Cumnock to Dumfries on the 246, older 58 plate E300, awful seating, no legroom. Nice ride down the A76 through smalltown Ayrshire/D & G. Final Bus was X74 in yellow livery, which makes it like a school bus. X74 was a nice run up the A701 and Motorway.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
There was a bizarre substitution on the X77 this evening (25/05/2021)

Megabus Panorama 50407 “London Calling” operated an X77 from Glasgow to Ayr at around 17:30

Would anybody know why they substituted with a Megabus vehicle?

There was a bizarre substitution on the X77 this evening (25/05/2021)

Megabus Panorama 50407 “London Calling” operated an X77 from Glasgow to Ayr at around 17:30

Would anybody know why they substituted with a Megabus vehicle?
Probably the service vehicle broke down and Cumbernauld had a spare vehicle to cover the working. Quite a common occurrence, thats why Cumbernauld E400s have ended up on X74s and the like.

Scotrail88

Any update on these into service and pics?
With Lothian’s electric buses entering this weekend, when will we see the Kilmarnock ones hit the road?
Surely they're not waiting until the next batch of ADLs to arrive? It seems a waste of resource keeping them parked up.

cnjb8

Established Member
With Lothian’s electric buses entering this weekend, when will we see the Kilmarnock ones hit the road?
Surely they're not waiting until the next batch of ADLs to arrive? It seems a waste of resource keeping them parked up.
So the BYDs have been delivered? I thought it was just the Volvos?

Scotrail88

BYDs are in build but not delivered.

I was meaning the Volvos are parked up and why not out on the road

cnjb8

Established Member
BYDs are in build but not delivered.

I was meaning the Volvos are parked up and why not out on the road
Ah ok.
Bear in mind the 7900e is an entirely new bus for Stagecoach, let alone West Scotland, so some time will be needed

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I doubt the BYDs will start to arrive until closer to Winter. Bluebird are expecting theirs in December and "less standard" types like these tend to all be delivered group wide around the same time.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Looks like we've had some small reshuffling of coaches.

Plaxton Elites 54337,338 and 339 look to have moved over to Kilmarnock depot for the X76 service while Astromegas 50282,50283 and 50285 operating out of Ayr on the X77 service.

GALLANTON

Looks like we've had some small reshuffling of coaches.

Plaxton Elites 54337,338 and 339 look to have moved over to Kilmarnock depot for the X76 service while Astromegas 50282,50283 and 50285 operating out of Ayr on the X77 service.

Looks to me like there swapping Astros with Elites to increase capacity on the x77 during the summer holidays.

I've always thought it was daft to put the Elites on the X77 when it's the busier service, X76 only really needs double deck coaches at peak times.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
I do like the condition of the Astromegas we received from Oxford, love the glass roof allowing lots of daylight in, with comfortable seating and working plug sockets (rare).

Oxford seem to have taken more care of their coaches than we have with some of our native Astromegas

Last edited:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I do like the condition of the Astromegas we received from Oxford, love the glass roof allowing lots of daylight in, with comfortable seating and working outlets (rare).

Oxford seem to have taken more care of their coaches than we have with some of our native Astromegas
I presume you mean working toilets :)

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Had a bit of rarity on the X76 yesterday, rather than coming into Glasgow via Bothwell Street, we completely missed the turn off and passed under Charing Cross and into the bus station from the East End, was quite bizarre.

route101

Established Member
Had a bit of rarity on the X76 yesterday, rather than coming into Glasgow via Bothwell Street, we completely missed the turn off and passed under Charing Cross and into the bus station from the East End, was quite bizarre.
It's because of the filming in the city centre. Hope St is closed. I saw a 916 Citylink turn into Gordon St then down Union St.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
With the trains being off, and the X77 becoming extremely busy as a result, would it be worthwhile for Stagecoach to move the fleet of Astromegas and Panoramas to provide maximum capacity on the X77, with the Elites taking over the X76?

Surely a mix of Elites and Astromegas simply won’t work?