• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Springs Branch

Established Member
Loch Awe is a single-platform station today, but had two platforms (plus a crossing loop) in the past.
Another station which had two platforms in the past, but has only one today (and where the overgrown, disused platform is still visible) is Croston.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Historically, Swanwick dispatched a substantial volume of strawberries to London fruit markets by rail, as well as catering for special trains carrying seasonal workers to pick the fruit.
Another station, exclusively for passengers today, which sent regular "fruit & veg" traffic* to London in the past is Glazebrook.

* - trainloads of lettuces in specially-cleaned cattle wagons.

Last edited:

Springs Branch

Established Member
Although no-longer used for railway business, the station buildings at Padgate are in the characteristic style of the line's original builder - the Cheshire Lines Committee.
Another station retaining buildings in the architectural style of its constructing company (the Midland Railway) is Ribblehead.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
On Saturdays and Sundays, Potters Bar has two trains per hour to Welwyn Garden City calling at Brookmans Park and other stations.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Both Cooden Beach and Pevensey & Westham stations have step-free access, although wheelchairs are not provided at either stations.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Hampden Park station is located on a spur line originally termed the Eastbourne Branch. There was a rarely used triangular junction between Polegate and the now-closed Stone Cross station which allowed trains to bypass the Branch; the track has now been lifted.