• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6130

Established Member
Hastings is currently the limit of Southern Railway electrified services, even though the third rail continues to Ore, the next station towards Ashford.

D6130

Established Member
Audley End - which I always think should be renamed 'Saffron Walden Parkway' - is also situated on the Liverpool Street-Cambridge line.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Shelford was historically the junction for the Stour Valley Railway - a secondary through route which was closed at its northern end as part of the Beeching cuts, but still remains open at its southern end between Sudbury and Marks Tey.

Another railway named the Stour Valley line is the present day electrified main line between Wolverhampton and Birmingham New Street.

Springs Branch

Established Member
London Bridge is classified as a London Terminal for ticketing purposes, even though the greater fraction of trains serving the station do not terminate there.

Another "London Terminal" where no trains actually terminate is Old Street.

M-Train

From Coruscant-upon-Pearl to North Acton....
London Bridge is classified as a London Terminal for ticketing purposes, even though the greater fraction of trains serving the station do not terminate there.

Another "London Terminal" where no trains actually terminate is Old Street.
Is that much of a valid connection? Precisely zero trains can terminate at Old Street, whereas at LBG fully half of the station is terminus platforms…

Springs Branch

Established Member
Is that much of a valid connection? Precisely zero trains can terminate at Old Street, whereas at LBG fully half of the station is terminus platforms…
The "core association" intended here was that both LBR and Old Street are classed as London Terminals for ticketing.
The bit about trains not terminating is more icing on the cake, or a lame attempt to justify picking what's probably the most obscure of the 'London Terminals'.
Half of the platforms at LBG may be terminal platforms, but the great majority of the trains serving the station call without originating or terminating there.

You don't need to look too far in this thread to find associations more tenuous than this one. I propose we continue from
. . . .
Goodmayes is also a four-platform station that was opened in 1901.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Is anyone creative enough to think of somewhere that has something in common with Goodmayes? :)