• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
OBSERVATION

It seems a problem has arisen where a posting requiring amendment, instead of being struck-through, then made again as a new posting, appears to have just been edited after another contributor had made a posting based on what had originally been posted.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If there is any issue that anyone is aware of, please click the report button on the relevant post (if multiple posts are affected, please report the first post where the issue arises, and let us know the details in that report)

Thanks! :)

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Okay, this is the problem and my suggested solution.

The original location suggested was Pateley Bridge which, as has been said, is ineligible because it's closed. The station was then changed to Glaisdale which is acceptable as it's open. I then moved on from Corpach (which was the previous suggestion), but deleted it because I thought that it would be right to do so.

This, however, is wrong, so I suggest that we go back to Corpach, which would allow me to reinstate my suggestion, as follows:
Continuing from Corpach ... the station lies immediately to the north of Loch Eil, which is also served by Loch Eil Outward Bound station.

Would everyone be happy with this, please? If so, over to you .... thanks.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
QUIZ RULES

I say a station and the person below would say another station that has something in common with it. It doesn't have to be unique, but try and make it as different as possible and please ensure that all associations are rail related: a separate game exists for non rail related links.
Perhaps an opportune time to show the emboldened section of the rules.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Okay, this is the problem and my suggested solution.

The original location suggested was Pateley Bridge which, as has been said, is ineligible because it's closed. The station was then changed to Glaisdale which is acceptable as it's open. I then moved on from Corpach (which was the previous suggestion), but deleted it because I thought that it would be right to do so.

This, however, is wrong, so I suggest that we go back to Corpach, which would allow me to reinstate my suggestion, as follows:
Continuing from Corpach ... the station lies immediately to the north of Loch Eil, which is also served by Loch Eil Outward Bound station.

Would everyone be happy with this, please? If so, over to you .... thanks.
Yes, I think we should continue with your emboldened station above.....

Bromborough Rake was also opened by British Rail in 1985.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Hinton Admiral station was also the site of a Southern Railway camping coach in the years 1938 and 1939.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Sway is also a station where both platforms can only accommodate trains of up to five coaches; longer trains only open the doors in the first four or five coaches depending on the type of unit operating the service.

Springs Branch

Established Member
ORR statistics show there were 29,558 entries and exits by season ticket holders at Sway in 2019/20.
A very similar level of season ticket usage was recorded in the same period at Duke Street.

Last edited:

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Duke Street was built as part of the City of Glasgow Union Railway to provide a link across the River Clyde. It is one of a number stations on this line which is still open, one of which is Alexandra Parade, formerly Alexandra Park.