• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Odd One Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
Considering there's been no activity here for some while, let's keep the thread alive with this:-

Flint, Prestatyn, Rhyl, Colwyn Bay.

The clue is - services.

Welshman

Established Member
Not that obvious, I'm afraid, as Colwyn Bay is served by Virgin Trains!

Last edited:

Welshman

Established Member
That's it! :D

[When the WAG Express commenced, the idea was it would only stop at the principal station in each county on the NW Coast. So it stopped at Bangor [Gwynedd]; Llandudno Junction[Conwy]; it's Denbighshire stop was Rhyl, hence it omitted Prestatyn, then Flint.
Later on, Colwyn Bay was added, just leaving Prestatyn omitted.]

Robinson

Holyhead, Harwich International, Liverpool South Parkway, London St Pancras International. The theme is connections.

Welshman

Established Member
Is it that Shrewsbury, Bridlington and Alexandria have had some original platforms now taken out of use/demolished, whereas Liskeard still uses all three?

Robinson

Liskeard is the only one to have a platform from which trains cannot reach the line the other platforms are on without reversing?

Eagle

Established Member
No. If it was as simple as that then I'd've chosen the other three stations at random.

The answer I wanted was:

Liskeard is the only one to have a platform 2.

(open floor)

Last edited:

southern442

Established Member
I'll give it to you, but the answer I was looking for was Penzance is the only one not served by a parliamentary train.

Status
Not open for further replies.