• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stations rebranded to Great British Railways design / Rail Alphabet 2

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Think these look pretty good and good to see the double arrow being used on the sign as intended. I can understand the complaint there's a bit too much white space but I guess the posts are existing and a sign has to be made to fit, it looks quite well proportioned to me.

The T logo is also fine and similar to what has been done in Manchester for stations there. Having a local transport operator logo which sits to the right of the name where applicable seems a good solution to me.

View attachment 153427

Source https://twitter.com/WorrallLea/status/1754921579555835943
I think they look far smarter than the outdated, worn looking Serco-Abellio Northern Rail signage elsewhere on the network. I think they're fine for a consistent national standard if only it'd be rolled out properly.

Signs complying to the newest standards at Hartlepool

View attachment 153540
I think it looks fantastic. Very smart.

These "horrors" (and I agree with the word choice) have been done in Helvetica and look just so cruddy. And why? If they were only in RA2 instead, they'd be pretty much bang-on standards.

365 Networker

RA2 starting to crop up at Victoria now
Interesting to see that they are still using the Railtrack station logo.
display_image.php

Recessio

Interesting to see that they are still using the Railtrack station logo.
display_image.php

I think this is good. One (incredibly rare) bit of genuine praise for Railtrack was there refurbs of the major terminis and these logos, so I'm glad they are being kept.