• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stopping short on Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmilton

Just wondering. I'm going to Paris next month - have to go out from Saint Pancras, and have tickets booked to and from London. But it would be just as convenient to get off at Ebbsfleet International on the way back and get a taxi.

Any reason I wouldn't be able to do this ... and yes, the return train does stop there :)

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
You can do this: from the Eurostar FAQs at http://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/contact-us/faqs

If my ticket is booked to disembark in London can I disembark in Ebbsfleet or Ashford?

Providing the train you are on stops in Ebbsfleet/Ashford you will be able to disembark there.
Please bear in mind that not all Eurostar services do stop in Ebbsfleet/Ashford. You will only be able to change to a different train if you have a changeable ticket.

and I think vice versa also applies (for boarding at another station in the UK when going to the rest of Europe), which is handy if you've booked through DB, as last time I looked, DB didn't offer London-Spezial tickets to/from Ashford/Ebbsfleet.

Last edited:

DesireToFire

I have done both ways, got on and off at Ebbsfleet with a ticket from St. Pancras. I live in Kent the rest of the group that I was travelling with came from newcastle and york so they all got on at St. Pancras, I was booked on the same train and after checking that it stopped at Ebbsfleet I got on their no problem what so ever.

Romilly

Established Member
Some years ago, now, I had booked a London-Paris (or London-Brussels) Eurostar and tried to join my booked train at Ashford without having made prior arrangements to do so. I suspect that I was trying to check in at Ashford after the train had left London, as my ticket had been de-recognised by the Eurostar system. I recall that the Eurostar staff at Ashford managed to sort it out for me on that occasion, but certainly at that time there were issues about joining late, even if leaving early is fine. Clearly things may have changed in the meantime, but if you want to join late it may be worth checking whether you need to check in before the train has left London (or before check-in at St Pancras closes).

Last edited:

sga962

Having done work experience at eurostar a few years ago, I worked at Ashford, and briefly at Ebbsfleet and St. Pancras. At Ashford it was actually fairly common for people to join at Ashford rather than Ebbsfleet or St. Pancras where their ticket was for. The reverse was also true in that people with Ashford tickets sometimes joined at other stations.

paddington

I assume there is no price difference in tickets from STP, Ashford or Ebbsfleet (after all you can't travel solely within the UK)?

Is it ever cheaper to go to Brussels than to Lille?

Status
Not open for further replies.