• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange TOD scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansolo12345

So I'm taking all my staff at the Pub to London on Monday for a drink and some food. There's 11 of us in total. The c2c site can't process more than 8 passengers at once for some reason so had to do 3 seperate bookings.

Number 1 was 5x off-peak return from Southend Central to Fenchurch Street.

Number 2 was 4x off peak returns from Southend Central to Fenchurch Street

And number 3 was 2x "Mini Break" Open returns from Southend Central to Fenchurch Street.

The tickets for number 1 totalled £57.75 and that amount has been taken from my account, the same with number 2 at £46.20 and number 3 at £41.20.

When collecting the tickets at the station it has missed 1 set of tickets on each booking. The prices on the collection receipt don't match the amount coming out of my bank account or the email confirmation.

The lady at Rayleigh station was most unhelpful and said I needed to speak to the c2c online team as "we don't deal with that here" when asked if she could check the reference numbers she said no. And I didn't have the time or the inclination to argue.

So I've spoken to c2c, and they have said to purchase the missing tickets and they will refund the first ones.

Really confusing, does this happen often? What's the best course of action? Could the lady at Rayleigh done something for me?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jamiearmley

The lady at Rayleigh, could, of course, have sold you all the tickets you required, at the same price as you got online, in one transaction, without any of this messing about.

hansolo12345

Update time!

For some reason when buying on c2c site the 1st ticket in each booking goes onto your smartcard, must have missed this. All sorted now.

Status
Not open for further replies.