• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunday 17th March LNER ticket sales unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Suggestions folks,

Tried booking tickets from Edinburgh to Durham on Sunday 17th March. 2x adult2x child family RC. I can get AP tickets with XC on the XX.08 departures no problem. LNER fares however are showing as up to 4x more expensive on raileasy and the hanky (£110 STD, I'm guessing this is the off peak singles) their trains are running but are showing as not bookable on LNERs site. Any ideas as to why? We are within T-12.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
LNER will be awaiting confirmation of engineering work from Network Rail. That will be why, register for Ticket Alert on there site and they should email you when they go on sale.

It can be as little as 4-6 weeks in advance that they go on sale at the moment.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
But it doesn't therefore make any sense as to why XCs tickets are on sale and bookable tho when LNERs aren't.

Mind, this is the rail way of course.....

Established Member
But it doesn't therefore make any sense as to why XCs tickets are on sale and bookable tho when LNERs aren't.

Well, it does, as if engineering work is south of Doncaster, where cross country don't serve, then lner will be unable to confirm timetable for any of there trains.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member

The engineering work is down south, the main line is shut and everything is going up the Hertford Loop.

Given this is a very regular occurrence it's astounding that NR haven't confirmed the timetable, but still.

You'll be as good as owt on XC though as most of the LNERs from Edinburgh don't stop at Durham.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Wouldn't be preferred not to be on a vomiter but £40 for 2 adults and 2 kids on family Railcard not to be sniffed at I suppose. Was hoping for a cheap deal in 1st with LNER one way at least.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
If you're prepared to wait they'll be on sale 6-8 weeks before departure. I bought a week or two ago for 24 Feb from London to Bradford, that's also affected by the engineering works.

Mad that it's a regular engineering work, they know what they'll run as they always run the same, they just can't confirm it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.