• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Super off peak ticket - can I join at a later station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
So would it be fair to say that starting or finishing short now is classed as a break of journey?

What I am saying is even if a Walk Up ticket bars BoJ on the outward portion, how can this prevent one starting or finishing short?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
TOCs generally do not care about breaking journeys. The reason they tend to put the restriction on is precisely to stop starting/ending short where that would be cheaper, or in some cases to prevent repeated ticket use.

So would it be fair to say that starting or finishing short now is classed as a break of journey?

Yes.

What I am saying is even if a Walk Up ticket bars BoJ on the outward portion, how can this prevent one starting or finishing short?

Because they are considered the same thing, as per the above.

janb

Looking at the ticket on a ticket office TIS, it's quite clear in stating that break of journey is permitted.
Meanwhile Fujitsu STAR (and Journey Planner) uses the phrasing "Break of journey is valid for return travel" whereas for the Off Peak ticket "Break of journey is valid for outward and return travel".

Status
Not open for further replies.