• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Suspension of Eastenders etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Phil Mitchell will get Coronvirus and survive. He has already nearly died multiple times through alcoholism, drugs, a heart attack, car crashes, countless beatings, death threats, near drowning, explosions, gun shot wounds & he's ended up down that inspection pit twice!!!

Eastenders has now gone twice a week - they only did two episodes per week anyway pre-1994. Funnily enough, that was when the stories were better & it was a lot more watchable. Same with Corrie - they only went out on Mondays & Wednesday's for many many years. Corrie was actually off air for ten weeks in 1979 because of the ITV strike.

Bobdogs

Along with Casualty and Holby City.
Can anybody explain as to why programmes about people getting injured are so popular. Very sad.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
What annoys me yet again is that the Beeb has postponed the June TV licence fee for over 75s until August. They should really scrap this nonscene all together & rally together to look after our older generation.

Domh245

Established Member
At least all is well in Ambridge (from a COVID 19 point of view at least, the last time I checked!)

Esker-pades

Established Member
Ev-rey-one fits (rather than Ev-er-ey-one)
Depending on which bit you're referring to, you've got 7 or 6 syllables to fill.

"Everyone is going to die" - would have to be done as "everyone's" or with "going" as a single syllable (or both).

I've found about 3 or 4 versions of the same joke online by him, so we've just heard different ones. Anyway....

AM9

Veteran Member
Will the decimated storyline of EastEnders include shutting the Queen Victoria and the cafe?

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Just heard the bad news about pubs closing. So it's last orders at the Rovers and Woolpack too!!!
Now the other half will want to talk to me. :|

AM9

Veteran Member
Just heard the bad news about pubs closing. So it's last orders at the Rovers and Woolpack too!!!
Now the other half will want to talk to me. :|
I don't agree that closing the pubs is bad news in the real world, and can't understand how anybody could see keeping them open as anything but stupid, (except maybe for self-interest as in the case of Tim Martin).
However, on the topic of your first post in this thread, I would assume that EastEnders, Casuality and Holby as TV dramas that are meant to reflect parts of real life*, will have storylines based on the reality that society now faces with COVID19. One aspect of filming the series is that once the plot has established that the epidemic is present, various issues can easily be woven into the screenplay such as social separation, panic shopping, inter-generation hostility and extraordinary support activities. That is before the Holby hospital set is transformed to support the whole new NHS imperative. Inadequate equipment, PPE and staff. Actors can safely act out these scenarios under studio conditions.
* - like all 'soaps', those popular dramas represent aspects of life that can easily be cricised as unreal, and those wanting the 'real thing' will have plenty of Panorama/Dispatches/etc., to depress themselves with.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
At least all is well in Ambridge (from a COVID 19 point of view at least, the last time I checked!)
There'll be an awful lot of script rewriting and rerecording going on this weekend, especially now that Lilian, owner of The Bull (oh, sorry, B at Ambridge!) is so involved in current episodes. Don't expect to hear Peggy Woolley anytime soon, though!

AM9

Veteran Member
There'll be an awful lot of script rewriting and rerecording going on this weekend, especially now that Lilian, owner of The Bull (oh, sorry, B at Ambridge!) is so involved in current episodes. Don't expect to hear Peggy Woolley anytime soon, though!
Of course, radio is different. Whilst browsing this forum, I've been listening to Any Questions. Chris Mason has chaired the programme from his home as he is self-isolated. There were four panel members, not sure where but probably at (different ) studios).

Status
Not open for further replies.