• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Suspension of Eastenders etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhoon

Established Member
Of course, radio is different. Whilst browsing this forum, I've been listening to Any Questions. Chris Mason has chaired the programme from his home as he is self-isolated. There were four panel members, not sure where but probably at (different ) studios).
The politicians were at Broadcasting House (they represent London/ SE seats), of the others, one was in Oxford, the other Belfast. I thought the latter was useful as we got a Northern Ireland perspective on a UK issue; the all Northern Ireland panels tend to resort to political point scoring.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
The politicians were at Broadcasting House (they represent London/ SE seats), of the others, one was in Oxford, the other Belfast. I thought the latter was useful as we got a Northern Ireland perspective on a UK issue; the all Northern Ireland panels tend to resort to political point scoring.
Thanks, you've saved me having to listen to the beginning again. I found Nick Chater's comments interesting about the do nothing option.

hooverboy

On Moderation
So back to soaps....
Presumably the surgery on Doctors has closed.
in other news.

this will be the final(and most gripping) series of love island.
"the contestants have been forgotten about and there are are not shipments to or from the island"

stay tuned to find out what happens to them!

C J Snarzell

Established Member
...they could bring back Dirty Den again (he survived Chrissie's murder attempt as Pauline's door stop was made of plastercene!). They would have to recast the role as Leslie Grantham died in 2018 - but they could recast anyway & say Den had a face lift as he went into hiding. He then reveals he is gay & starts an affair with Phil Mitchell!!!

bussnapperwm

Established Member
I feel sorry for the landlord of the Queen Vic, having to shut down. Let's just hope he is licenced for takeaway

317 forever

Established Member
Filming of Coronation Street and Emmerdale has been suspended. At the reduced schedule, they have enough episodes to last until early summer.

Belperpete

Established Member
If filming has been suspended, they won't be able to re-edit to show the pubs closing. So it looks like the Woolpack, Rovers and Queen Vic will be staying open on-screen while every other pub in the country is closed. That is going to be interesting to explain.....

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I could explain it...
It isn’t real!

That should do it. ;)

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Presumably "Walford station has been closed , in order to cover other more well used stations. E/enders residents living in a very local bubble around the market and various "caffs" etc only used to use Black Cabs for rare journeys "up West" or to Heaffrow .....

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
There'll be an awful lot of script rewriting and rerecording going on this weekend, especially now that Lilian, owner of The Bull (oh, sorry, B at Ambridge!) is so involved in current episodes. Don't expect to hear Peggy Woolley anytime soon, though!

The Archers used to have the ability to work in how budget changes would affect farmers - on the same day as the budget!
I think they are recorded weeks/months in advance now.
The soaps will all have a problem when the programmes in the can run out (I think they are going to reduce the frequency of transmission to eke out what they've got).
I can see Christmas specials being thin on the ground this year...

philjo

Established Member
At least as is it radio the Archers might have the ability to resort to recording with cast members in different local studios or even using broadcast quality lines from home.

The Telegraph reported yesterday that for the next couple of months the number of episodes of The Archers broadcast each week will be reduced. initially cut from 6 to 5 per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.