• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Assessment Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

PickleTree

Just an update, SWR are working their way through candidates waiting for a start date and trying to allocate courses for next year. I have just passed my medical (again) on Friday and I have a new start date now of January 11th 2021. I applied for Weymouth.
Well some movement is good news and great news for you. Hopefully they might get back in touch re DMI soon as I have passed everything else.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KieOShea1

Just an update, SWR are working their way through candidates waiting for a start date and trying to allocate courses for next year. I have just passed my medical (again) on Friday and I have a new start date now of January 11th 2021. I applied for Weymouth.
Same applies for anyone still awaiting interviews (like myself)!

Hi 1494, out of interest how has the lockdown affected your start date, has it been pushed back again or are you distance learning. Thanks

Sorry for delay. I did indeed start, we are doing distance learning via zoom and having to go to the ROC at Basingstoke for some days for exams and sims.

QPRFCuk

Sorry for delay. I did indeed start, we are doing distance learning via zoom and having to go to the ROC at Basingstoke for some days for exams and sims.
That’s good to know they’re using zoom, so things are still progressing during lockdown.

Yes they are now progressing, but sadly there is a massive backlog of trainees who have passed rules, traction etc who are still waiting for driving instructors.

They are only putting on one more more course this year in March so I think recruitment is going to be paused again or slowed right down so they can catch up. Also due to Covid they need to put those trainees back through rules refreshers as some haven’t driven at all since passing, which further puts pressure on the training school.

Recruitment may continue with assessments and interviews (although I’m not sure). But there certainly won’t be any more start dates for new trainees this year.

Yes they are now progressing, but sadly there is a massive backlog of trainees who have passed rules, traction etc who are still waiting for driving instructors.

They are only putting on one more more course this year in March so I think recruitment is going to be paused again or slowed right down so they can catch up. Also due to Covid they need to put those trainees back through rules refreshers as some haven’t driven at all since passing, which further puts pressure on the training school.

Recruitment may continue with assessmentsl and interviews (although I’m not sure). But there certainly won’t be any more start dates for new trainees this year.
Hi again 1494. Do you know if the one more course you refer to in March this year is for drivers or guards/commercial guards or one for each. HR told me last week my chances of getting a date for Commercial Guard this year were virtually zero (I'm fourth in que for Fratton) because of the reasons you give above, coupled with Fratton having a particularly slow turnover. Obviously if it's just down to there being no more starts this year, it will, for myself and anyone else before or after me a lot longer than a year. Just interested to know. Thanks

MatthewLdn

It definitely doesn’t sound very promising. Unfortunately I think I’m going to be in for a long wait for Waterloo. It’s a shame because things were moving so quickly this time last year before covid happened, but understandable given the situation. I guess we just have to hope that things pick up at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.