• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Assessment Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainTube

Hello all,
In a couple of weeks I am going to SWRs assesment centre in Southampton for a gateline role. What can I expect there and what steps are to follow after I have gone?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OliverH68

Hello all,
In a couple of weeks I am going to SWRs assesment centre in Southampton for a gateline role. What can I expect there and what steps are to follow after I have gone?

The session is quite easy, it is just an English & maths test and a ticket checking test. They'll also take a copy of your paperwork whilst you're there too. Just be prepared for a bit of waiting around.

If you pass (which most people do), it's onto the interview which will take place at another date. You'll be informed where and when in due course.

TrainTube

The session is quite easy, it is just an English & maths test and a ticket checking test. They'll also take a copy of your paperwork whilst you're there too. Just be prepared for a bit of waiting around.

If you pass (which most people do), it's onto the interview which will take place at another date. You'll be informed where and when in due course.
Cheers! With covid going on would you expect there to be a group excercise?

Please pay particular attention to the documents you have been requested to bring. I have seen many people turned away for forgetting something.

Is been sometime since I did my assessments (for a different role) but this is what I remember.

There are several stages to the assessment each stage is scored before moving onto the next, if you fail you get to go home.

There is no break for lunch, eat a decent breakfast before you go.

The tests are explained thoroughly and a practice is done before the real thing is attempted.

Please turn up presentable, it's a customer facing roll, some people turn up in a right state.

It's an important, organised day, but it's fairly relaxed so try not to get too worked up.

And good luck

TrainTube

Please pay particular attention to the documents you have been requested to bring. I have seen many people turned away for forgetting something.

Is been sometime since I did my assessments (for a different role) but this is what I remember.

There are several stages to the assessment each stage is scored before moving onto the next, if you fail you get to go home.

There is no break for lunch, eat a decent breakfast before you go.

The tests are explained thoroughly and a practice is done before the real thing is attempted.

Please turn up presentable, it's a customer facing roll, some people turn up in a right state.

It's an important, organised day, but it's fairly relaxed so try not to get too worked up.

And good luck
Thank you for this info
The slot I have is from 1pm to 3pm so I should be fine food wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.