• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Trainee Driver Weymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevergiveup

Lol no I meant first choice and last choice which is what I did
I just thought, did you literally mean answer one and answer four. I meant the most likely would be your number one answer and least likely as in what you absolutely wouldn't do. So your first and last choice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

So an update on this. I had an email two weeks ago inviting me to stage 1 assessment, but I have completed my stage 1, stage 2 and MMI with GWR over the past 18 months. When I told recruitment this, they phoned me back the day after (about a week ago) and asked if I could start on the 30th March!!!? DMI booked for this Monday and if I pass I will be rushed through a medical. Amazing how things can change so quickly!

PickleTree

So an update on this. I had an email two weeks ago inviting me to stage 1 assessment, but I have completed my stage 1, stage 2 and MMI with GWR over the past 18 months. When I told recruitment this, they phoned me back the day after (about a week ago) and asked if I could start on the 30th March!!!? DMI booked for this Monday and if I pass I will be rushed through a medical. Amazing how things can change so quickly!
Blimey! When did you apply for Weymouth? I am in the same boat, passed all tests and MMI for Freightliner and just waiting for DMI date but I have also applied for SWR at Bournemouth so hopefully the same happens for me.

Blimey! When did you apply for Weymouth? I am in the same boat, passed all tests and MMI for Freightliner and just waiting for DMI date but I have also applied for SWR at Bournemouth so hopefully the same happens for me.

I applied in May last year.

G30RG3

Good luck with your DMI 1494

I received an email from first group today stating that they will be in touch with a DMI date in due course; I passed my stage 1,2, & MMI just last week. Lets see how long it takes...

Best of luck with your interview

MDCW

Good luck with your DMI 1494

I received an email from first group today stating that they will be in touch with a DMI date in due course; I passed my stage 1,2, & MMI just last week. Lets see how long it takes...

Best of luck with your interview
You had MMI before DMI?

Thanks all! DMI seemed to go ok, but now got a nervous wait of up to 10 days to find out! Don't want to get too excited as you just never know!

I passed my stage 1, 2 and MMI previously with GWR, so SWR just put me straight through to final DMI interview as its still first group. Kind of bypassed the system slightly which is great!

I shall keep you updated.

Tom

G30RG3

Thanks all! DMI seemed to go ok, but now got a nervous wait of up to 10 days to find out! Don't want to get too excited as you just never know!

I passed my stage 1, 2 and MMI previously with GWR, so SWR just put me straight through to final DMI interview as its still first group. Kind of bypassed the system slightly which is great!

I shall keep you updated.

Tom
That's reassuring that you have been able to use the pass for an alternative TOC and bypass the earlier stages :)

I'm sure you'll be fine. 10 days can feel like a long time but in the grand scheme of the entire process it's not long.

Best of luck!

So. The update is I PASSED! :) I'm absolutely over the moon. Been given a start date for 30th of March. Medical next week, but fingers crossed it should be fine.

Many thanks to all on the forum for the advice over the past 12 months.

Its all happened rather quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.