• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Waterloo to Bristol Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Hi, does anyone know if the direct through trains from Waterloo to Bristol still operate, they used to be combined with the Exeter services and divided / joined at Salisbury.? There were about 3 or 4 services per day Mon-Sat. As I live in SWR land. It is more convenient for me to use that service, rayther than have to go over to Paddington. Also I like the 158 / 159s.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TrainTube

Before Covid a selected few services would split at Salisbury to Bristol, I think one was the 1020 off Waterloo. But now very few go to Bristol and they start at Salisbury.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Before Covid a selected few services would split at Salisbury to Bristol, I think one was the 1020 off Waterloo. But now very few go to Bristol and they start at Salisbury.
Yes, it was the 0920 & 1220 from Waterloo and a couple of later trains too. It was not very frequent, but I found it very useful.

TrainTube

Yes, it was the 0920 & 1220 from Waterloo and a couple of later trains too. It was not very frequent, but I found it very useful.
Oh absolutely, SWR are making a bit of a hash of their covid timetable atm. 2 hourly service between Salisbury and Exeter yet Longcross now gets a half hourly service. That Bristol service was useful for me, as I live in Woking I could get to Bristol much earlier than via PAD. They should just extend 3 cars every hour on Salisburys to Bristol I think.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
At the moment it's only the 1620 from Waterloo which has a Bristol attacher. Heading into the capital only the 0849 from Temple Meads goes onto Waterloo. The 1935 still runs to Salisbury but there isn't an attaching service onto Waterloo!

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I am hoping to go to the Bristol area around 20 August, so maybe they will have improved the service by then?

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
I am hoping to go to the Bristol area around 20 August, so maybe they will have improved the service by then?

The current timetables nationally are supposed to see us through to early September so I would suspect it unlikely to be much change.

Status
Not open for further replies.