• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

swt guard role

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i have passed the structured interview stage for the guards posistion...
just woundering how long it will be till i have to attend the medical?

any info is gladly appreciated

thanks again

:|:neutral:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt Taylor

Established Member
It can vary, for me it was around a month although that included the Christmas period. What depot are you going to? And is this a commercial guard position?

GadgetMan

You may aswell lay off the marijuana from now mate. Or is that not the reason for asking :D. Well done on getting through.

im going to waterloo mate as a non commercial guard....its coming up to about a month for me aswell...where are you based pal?

gadget man you crack me up fella!...layed off that stuff in high school pal

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Waterloo is a tough depot! I'm at Strawberry Hill, widely regarded as the easiest depot as we spend a lot of time on empties and travelling passenger. Feel free to ask questions if you have any, particularly on routes and traction etc.

30 common

When was your interview I'm waiting for a date for my interview. Been told today that swt are running guard training course all year round this year so just have to wait till I get my letter. Was your interview with a Waterloo manager or from another depot?

rehman

when was ur interview i have been waiting for over 2
months after passing my assessment !!

issy green

Dont worry too much, last year i waited 6 months for my interview!
Best of luck to you.

bounty100

issy green, 6 months wait?? That's pathetic! I passed my assessment on 16 Nov 2011 and still waiting for interview date.

Hey Guys, Is it true that I cannot sit the Guard's assessment with another TOC within 6 months of attempting similar position with a TOC?

Thanks in anticipation.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
I'm not sure about that rule! Given the few times I actually sit spare or 'as ordered' I would presume there is still a shortage of guards (there is at my depot anyway). But the training school can only take a few courses at a time and that includes all the other grades, my guess would be that no more interviews will take place until there is a course booked-but that could happen at any time.

Don't get discouraged, I had to wait a long time for my chance but it's truly worth it in the end.;)

issy green

Passed the assessment day March 2011, got my interview September 2011!

I wasnt successful at the interview but was advised to re-apply to re-do it after 6 months by the hr department. The 6 months is up in March.

30 common

Passed my assessment end of November too got my interview 5/3/12

How long do interviews normally last?

hi i passed my assesment late november, then passed my interview in january for the guard posistion.

the interview was pretty intense and lasted about 45mins from what i can remember

Status
Not open for further replies.