• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T&W Metro Destinations from outside T&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Established Member
So, I have to travel up to a station in Tyneside soon, out to Pelaw and back from Jarrow...

Travelling from Kings Cross, erm, Friday, is there any open ticket that I can get as a destination on say, the Super Off Peak Return? Rather than having to buy an additional ticket for the Metro service?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluenoxid

Established Member
So, I have to travel up to a station in Tyneside soon, out to Pelaw and back from Jarrow...

Travelling from Kings Cross, erm, Friday, is there any open ticket that I can get as a destination on say, the Super Off Peak Return? Rather than having to buy an additional ticket for the Metro service?

http://www.nexusdiscussion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5764

Finally got the following out of the National Rail Team

Newcastle Airport – This would be valid between Central and the Airport (so all stations within that area)

Newcastle City Centre - This ticket covers the following boundaries - South Gosforth to Felling and St James to Walkergate and all stations within.

Newcastle Tyne and Wear Metro – This cover all the stations on the Metro.

Newcastle (Metro) - This ticket covers the following boundaries so South Gosforth – Felling and St James to Walkergate and all stations within.

Eventually, I would like to get someone to change it to T+W A and A+B+C but that will take time.

TUC

Established Member
Nexus do seem extrodinarily unfocused on providing clear information and ticket availability for those traveling to/from outside their area.

For example, the Explorer North East ticket, as well as being valid on bus services from Berwick to Scarborough, is valid on the Tyne and Wear Metro and on the Newcastle-Sunderland rail line. Only one problem-it isn't available at Metro ticket machines which is a particular problem if you need to start you journey on the Metro-like myself on a number of occeasions, you've arrived off a flight at Newcastle Airport and need to catch a Metro to start my journey to elsewhere in the region.

Similarly a few months ago when there was a day of industrial action on the Metro, their website gave information on alternative ways that people could travel locally to a concert taking place in Sunderland but for those arriving at the airport or needing to travel elsewhere, no advice given. They seem to live inside their own world.

Nym

Established Member
Does seem so, since the only advice available is on an internet forum;

How would one go about asking for the appropriate ticket in a ticket office or from a TVM, I don't really have the luxury of being able to order it off the internet in advance. (Unless this is highly advisable for seat reservations on a Sunday evening on the ECML)

cuccir

Established Member
The tickets are available from TVMs in the North East. No idea if they are nationally

Nym

Established Member
The tickets are available from TVMs in the North East. No idea if they are nationally

They were available on VT ones at Euston, but no-one at Liverpool Street or even Kings Cross had any idea that they existed; then went on the defensive and denied their existence, can't buy it online thanks to needing to split reservations on the return journey... GRR!

bluenoxid

Established Member
They were available on VT ones at Euston, but no-one at Liverpool Street or even Kings Cross had any idea that they existed; then went on the defensive and denied their existence, can't buy it online thanks to needing to split reservations on the return journey... GRR!

Tell them to check the system. If they don't, put a complaint in to their respective train companies for failing to sell a valid ticket when requested.

If you advise us which ticket office you are looking at, I am sure that a friendly user on that retailing system could help.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=67150

H665??? seems to have been suggested on this one.

calc7

Established Member
It shows them if you remove the railcard discount!

Status
Not open for further replies.