• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Taking a company to the small claims court

Status
Not open for further replies.

adc82140

Established Member
I'm currently in dispute with a company (Anyvan removals) who are employing delaying tactics dealing with my complaint in the hope I'll get bored and go away. They underestimate my stubbornness, and I'm going nowhere. I will take them to the small claims court if necessary, and wish to inform them of this formally, whilst giving them one more chance to make things right. I think that a letter to their registered office is in order, but I'm not sure who to address it to. Should it be the Company Director or the Company Secretary in the first instance?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member

KeithMcC

For anything legal I would address it to the Company Secretary. My experience of arguing with big companies is that a formal letter to the CEO often gives results! From other consumer forums I read it is called a Letter before Claim and you give a period to respond before actually making the claim.

adc82140

Established Member
For anything legal I would address it to the Company Secretary. My experience of arguing with big companies is that a formal letter to the CEO often gives results! From other consumer forums I read it is called a Letter before Claim and you give a period to respond before actually making the claim.
Thanks. I have found some good template letters via @najaB 's link. I intend to give them 14 days to respond. I don't want anything big from them, just really an acknowledgement that they messed up big time and perhaps a10% refund

Trackman

Established Member
I've heard of them before- I want some stuff moving soon and they popped up.
After some research it was just complaint after complaint, people not turning up and so on.
I think they also sub-contract to local 'Man with a van' type outfits, plus I think they charge extra for people to help you move!
Anyway, good luck with them and please let us know how you get on with the complaint.

colchesterken

I am a retired Jobbing lawyer. I got a disputed private parking ticket, almost 2 yrs later they will not take it to court, they maintain empty threats bailiff cumming round etc.
I have a viable counter claim for time spent sorting out the basis of their claim " I did not park there "
If they started an action I would have to defend and counterclaim. But I cannot be bothered to go through the aggro of starting a claim
I have done thousands of County Court cases, but the local court is closed the nearest one only sees special cases in person, it is all on line...Bring back the good old days

najaB

Veteran Member
I got a disputed private parking ticket, almost 2 yrs later they will not take it to court, they maintain empty threats bailiff cumming round etc.
o_O Now that is a tactic I've not heard of before!

(Sorry, childish I know, but I couldn't resist)

Status
Not open for further replies.