• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL Website Log On

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
Anybody else having problems logging into TFL's website. I enter password etc. and then get a "I am not a robot" tick box. After that it just takes me back to the sign on page.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Anybody else having problems logging into TFL's website. I enter password etc. and then get a "I am not a robot" tick box. After that it just takes me back to the sign on page.
Yes, but the second time you login it takes you to the site. At least it did for me.

westv

Established Member
Thanks.
I just went through the "reset password" process and that worked.

spinba11

It’s working on the 2nd try for me, When did they start using the I’m not a robot box?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It's in response to a credential stuffing attack where data from a breach (not TfL) is used to see if people have used the same passwords.

k-c-p

Are the issues still persisting? I tried to access my account (from Germany) to update my payment card, but I am re-directed to an "access denied" page that states
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

This happens on account login or when I try to access the password reset page :(.

westv

Established Member
The annoying thing now is that they are using that image clicking thing for verification. Am I the only one that finds they are having to go through several versions of images before being successful? Some of the pics really aren't clear at all.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
That's all part of the Google Recaptcha service. I do occasionally get asked to click images, but not very often.

londonbridge

Established Member
BUMP!

Has anyone had anymore issues logging in? I went to log in last night and it said incorrect password. I reset my password after the last incident but haven't changed it since. Had several goes at logging in last night before I requested a password reset link. I then completed the reset using my existing password and it accepted it and is now letting me log in with it again! What gives??

Dstock7080

Established Member
BUMP!

Has anyone had anymore issues logging in? I went to log in last night and it said incorrect password. I reset my password after the last incident but haven't changed it since. Had several goes at logging in last night before I requested a password reset link. I then completed the reset using my existing password and it accepted it and is now letting me log in with it again! What gives??
https://tfl.gov.uk/help-and-contact/reset-your-password?cid=reset-password
If you have a contactless and Oyster account, you need to reset your password to sign in. We're asking everyone to do this as part of our work to keep your account safe.

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/20...l-oyster-card-users-to-reset-their-passwords/
Following reported instances of a number of accounts being accessed maliciously earlier this year, all Oyster and contactless customers are being required to reset their website account passwords.

TfL says that it’s a purely precautionary measure, and that there’s no reason to think that the earlier attack has been repeated.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Yes, all accounts were reset last Thursday at 1400. There was talk of an email being sent, but I never received one.

jfollows

Established Member
Thank you, Mike, it was news to me too but I have gone through the reset process now OK.

Nick66

I also managed to use the same password to get in and then immediately reset it on the site. I had no idea what was going on and thought my account may have been hacked and the password changed. Never received an email either, nor have I seen any information about this on the official TfL website. Mike picked up on it the next day on his site which put my mind at ease. Bit concerned about TfL security seeing as how they have my card details for auto top-up on multiple Oyster cards.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I have just tried to log on reset etc, but the site seems to be down now?

bubieyehyeh

I received no email, but TFL forced a password reset on me this week.
It was suggesting I might was to change password for a few weeks, which made me wonder if they have had a data leak.

I'm sure they have had a breach in the past, a few years ago the email address that was only ever used on oyster site started getting spam. No other email address on the same domain got any spam, and the address wasn't guessable. After that I changed the oyster email address to a new one on the same domain, and blocked the old address.

Status
Not open for further replies.