• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Ticket Checker goes above and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

embers25

Established Member
After the awful experience at Edinburgh LNER ticket office thought I'd post a more positive story, which is unusual for me!

The ticket checker (maybe the guard too) on the 1825 from Birmingham to Aberystwyth has a steam train clipper which is making everyone smile and comment. Also, she seems to know an awful lot of passengers by name and they know her. I know this happens elsewhere, but still she is an absolute credit to TfW and everything on board staff should aspire to be.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llanigraham

Established Member
I know who you mean and she is brilliant.
She uses a few different clippers including a teddy bear. At Christmas she had a Christmas Tree one.
And occasionally she makes funny announcements too.

Just curious what a ticket checker is? This train already has a Guard so why is there a different person checking tickets?

Good to hear this though. It's nice when you get staff like this on your train.

Muzer

Established Member
I think I've also seen this person about!

In terms of TfW being great, I was very impressed with Chester ticket office. I had realised only too late that my railcard would expire partway through my visit to near Chester. But I was able to buy a replacement with a gold card discount, a significant time (IIRC about half an hour to an hour) after the official closing time no less, at Chester ticket office!

Status
Not open for further replies.