• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW (Trainee Train Driver Cardiff and Chester_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LeonO

I’m off to Cardiff for the second stage after being successful on the papers, although due to Covid I’m a stage behind, as I’m yet to have a DMI - been advised this will happen if I’m successful in Cardiff.

Can’t wait!

PavanAcorn

Hi All, to update you due to the volume of interest the closing date has been moved forward now to Friday 11th September by doing so will ensure every application will be reviewed within the next couple months - due to the number of opportunies available across various stations assessments and offers will be staggered over the next 3 to 6 months to manage expecations on timeframe going forward.

On a seperate now, we have gone live with conductor roles today in Chester and Machynlleth for those that are interested: https://www.acornpeople.com/trainconductor

BarberGirl

They asked for my NI in preparation for the assessments so I'd say that's a good sign!

They seem to be progressing people in different ways as I had my DMI before the first assessment but some people are going straight through to tests after the initial paper sifts.
How long after they asked for your NI number did you hear back from them? Thank you

Leospinks

Had my email today... Ive passed everything
And been placed into the talent pool.. dead chuffed. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting a offer if your in the TP

Slipper

I had my computer assessment and MMI last Wednesday (03/09/20). I was told after the MMI that I had passed and would be in the talent pool, but not had a confirmation email yet. Hope all is ok :s.

We were told at the computer assessments that if you're in the talent pool you are basically in, subject to medical. I believe there is a course starting in October, not sure about the rest of 2020, but they are running courses starting every month in 2021. We were told that if your in the pool for 2 years you will have to sit the assessments again, but they can't see that happening due to the number of new drivers required.

Leospinks

I had my computer assessment and MMI last Wednesday (03/09/20). I was told after the MMI that I had passed and would be in the talent pool, but not had a confirmation email yet. Hope all is ok :s.

We were told at the computer assessments that if you're in the talent pool you are basically in, subject to medical. I believe there is a course starting in October, not sure about the rest of 2020, but they are running courses starting every month in 2021. We were told that if your in the pool for 2 years you will have to sit the assessments again, but they can't see that happening due to the number of new drivers required.
What time was u in coz i dine mine that day aswel.

Carli

Well done everyone who’s passed so far. I had my paper assessments last Wednesday and am waiting to hear whether I passed or not.

To those who have passed the paper assessments, did you hear back quickly? I’m starting to worry as we were told we would hear by the beginning of this week.

Leospinks

Well done everyone who’s passed so far. I had my paper assessments last Wednesday and am waiting to hear whether I passed or not.

To those who have passed the paper assessments, did you hear back quickly? I’m starting to worry as we were told we would hear by the beginning of this week.
Around 2 weeks I think it was

Ghost_rider

And been placed into the talent pool.. dead chuffed. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting a offer if your in the TP

Congratulations!

Feels great to know you've passed all the tests and you can't do anything more now.

It took about 3 days to get confirmation via email I'd been placed in the pool so I'm sure you'll hear any day now.

LeonO

Congratulations mate! I’m heading to Cardiff tomorrow for the 2nd stage. How did you find the MMI?

Also, does anybody know if TfW are using the National Standard pass mark, or enhanced?

Ghost_rider

Congratulations mate! I’m heading to Cardiff tomorrow for the 2nd stage. How did you find the MMI?

Also, does anybody know if TfW are using the National Standard pass mark, or enhanced?

I was told at the beginning of my MMI that the pass mark required was standard.

Good luck tomorrow! And regarding your question about the MMI, it's very relaxed and as long as you know your answers you'll be fine I'm sure.

LeonO

I was told at the beginning of my MMI that the pass mark required was standard.

Good luck tomorrow! And regarding your question about the MMI, it's very relaxed and as long as you know your answers you'll be fine I'm sure.

Good to know, thanks for the reply!

my worry at the minute is that I’m going to be talking too much, although I guess that’s a better place to be in over not having enough to say!

Hotaxlebox17

Has anyone had an invite to the assessments for the 14th & onwards? I passed the paper & was supposed to attend the computer assessment in Cardiff on the 1st but wasn’t able to get it off work, was told they’d let me know if they had more dates but nothing yet. Seeing how many have gone ahead I’m wondering if I’m still being considered.

JLX5

I had email today asking for my national insurance number can anyone tell me what happens next
I had an email about 3 or 4 weeks ago asking for my NI number and sent it straight away. Still yet to hear anything after that. I’ve also stopped receiving the automated emails.
Just a case of being patient.

Hi all. Can anyone shed any light on what happens with the 1st assessment? Is it a test or interview? Thank you

The 1st assessment are the paper tests. That's the written communication, group bourdon, DFFT, TEA-Occ and TRP. You'll have the computer tests in the 2nd assessment providing you pass and if you pass the computer tests you have the MMI straight after.

BarberGirl

The 1st assessment are the paper tests. That's the written communication, group bourdon, DFFT, TEA-Occ and TRP. You'll have the computer tests in the 2nd assessment providing you pass and if you pass the computer tests you have the MMI straight after.
Thank you for replying. Are there any sites I can go on to practice for the paper test do you know? Thank you again

Thank you for replying. Are there any sites I can go on to practice for the paper test do you know? Thank you again

They will send you all the practice papers through before your assessment. That's all I used and it went well for me, just have the driver's manager interview left to do.

Good luck.

ILoveLamp

How did everyone find the MMI? As bad as expected? Were they friendly and helpful in getting you to where you needed to be or did you feel grilled! Similar to DMI or totally different?

LeonO

How did everyone find the MMI? As bad as expected? Were they friendly and helpful in getting you to where you needed to be or did you feel grilled! Similar to DMI or totally different?
I’ve not done my DMI yet so can’t compare, but the MMI was less stressful than I thought it would be. If you go in there prepared for the questions, and use the STAR structure you will be fine. The assessor was really nice with me and made me feel really comfortable.

Jay.hgv

Interesting reading through all the comments. I have been contacted yesterday to go and do the paper tests. Seems like a lot of information to take in with all the tests. Is anybody else going on the 23rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.