• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW (Trainee Train Driver Cardiff and Chester_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bazzale

Thank you. I’ve being practicing thinking I had 1 minute per page. Thanks again
Iv been reading up about the assessments as iv never done them before and from what I’ve seen they all seem pretty straight forward as long as you stay calm and don’t panic rush. When have you got your assessment?

The assessor's I had for both assessments were really nice. As said just stay calm, listen to the instructions carefully and you get a practice before each test to get ready.

Good luck.

BarberGirl

Good luck with your assessments!

I got asked for my NI number a month ago and replied straight away and haven't heard anything since. I sent an email last week for an update and haven't had any response.
I know it’s hard but be patient. They will get back to you. After they asked for my NI number I was constantly checking my emails to the point of doing my own head in. Being asked for your NI is a good sign

The assessor's I had for both assessments were really nice. As said just stay calm, listen to the instructions carefully and you get a practice before each test to get ready.

Good luck.
I’ve been practicing non stop. I think I’ll be ok hopefully at the tests, the interviews I would say are my weak points

Leemini

I haven’t done MMI, but from what I’ve read they ask you about real life situations or emergencies you’ve encountered in your life and how you have overcome and dealt with them

Follow the star method
S - situation
T - task
A - action
R - result
[/QUOTE

Thanks for that. Hope your next stage goes well

Leemini

I’ve not done my DMI yet so can’t compare, but the MMI was less stressful than I thought it would be. If you go in there prepared for the questions, and use the STAR structure you will be fine. The assessor was really nice with me and made me feel really comfortable.
Can u remember what questions were asked on the mmi? I've had s loom through a thread on here but seems quite old, wondering if the questions have changed.

BarberGirl

Can u remember what questions were asked on the mmi? I've had s loom through a thread on here but seems quite old, wondering if the questions have changed.
Jumping on your comment. I think the questions asked are like emergency situations you’ve found yourself in, tasks you have had to concentrate on that you cannot make a mistake etc questions like that

I’ve passed my 1st assessment. Any advice tips for the 2nd assessment would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Platform9

Just a quick one to say after initially being in the talent pool for two weeks, I was plucked out and sent for a medical. Successfully passed and been given a formal offer/contract & start date in early November. This is for Chester.

Hang in there if you're in the talent pool and good luck if you're still going through the assessments :)

LeonO

Just a quick one to say after initially being in the talent pool for two weeks, I was plucked out and sent for a medical. Successfully passed and been given a formal offer/contract & start date in early November. This is for Chester.

Hang in there if you're in the talent pool and good luck if you're still going through the assessments :)
Amazing news! Congratulations! And good luck!

Dragon Breath

Congratulations! Are you part of the Feb/March recruitment 2020? Or the latest drive from July?

Did you get notified of your medical via email or a phone call? I got told I’m in the talent pool for Cardiff about 3 weeks ago now so waiting with bated breath...

Platform9

I applied at the back end of March through Acorn and only heard back in July.

From there I think I was one of the first batches to do the paper tests and everything else following on from that.

Test results were all emailed and I had a phone call when coming out of the talent pool. Have to say the communication has been brilliant from TfW considering the amount of applications.

Over the moon can't wait to start!

mikeymikey

how long did medical last and what did it involve?

Platform9

Standard railway medical I'd say.

Height & weight for BMI, blood pressure, drugs and alcohol screening, sight test, hearing test etc etc

Ghost_rider

Congratulations!

Great to hear someone else on hear is starting on the November course as well! Hopefully there are others who have, or will soon have a start date too.

I was genuinely shocked to be given a start date this year, though it would be next year for sure as I'd heard there are people from last year's recruitment drive still waiting on a start date.

Genuinely can't wait to get started!

mikeymikey

Congratulations!

Great to hear someone else on hear is starting on the November course as well! Hopefully there are others who have, or will soon have a start date too.

I was genuinely shocked to be given a start date this year, though it would be next year for sure as I'd heard there are people from last year's recruitment drive still waiting on a start date.

anything physical ie press ups, tread mill etc?

Platform9

Congratulations!

Happy days !

Could be on the same one ?!

Just beware....if you've got a bit of a hairy chest they dry shave you for the ECG!

Heed my warning and do it yourself to avoid a nasty scrape...literally :lol:
+1

Slipper

Ghostrider and platform 9, congratulations on receiving a Start date for November, im in the talent pool myself, awaiting a date. Quick question, i believe platform9 mentioned he had a phone call to inform him? Did you both also get an email? I ask as I'm not allowed to have a phone in work, so some days miss a few phone calls, I don't tend to call back unless I recognise the number.

Cheers and best of luck

Ghost_rider

Ghostrider and platform 9, congratulations on receiving a Start date for November, im in the talent pool myself, awaiting a date. Quick question, i believe platform9 mentioned he had a phone call to inform him? Did you both also get an email? I ask as I'm not allowed to have a phone in work, so some days miss a few phone calls, I don't tend to call back unless I recognise the number.

Cheers and best of luck

Well done for making it through the process!

I also received a phone call off a mobile number informing me of a job offer, pending a successful medical and reference check. I then had confirmation of my medical via email a few days later.

The email only came after I'd spoken with TfW.

Hopefully it won't be long and as people have said, courses are meant to be on going throughout next year so it's sounding really positive for everyone still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.