• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TGV Duplex onboard Systems Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackwardsPengu

Good Afternoon all!

Was wondering if anyone could provide me with some information. I'm interested in learning more about onboard systems of rail vehicles and my current focus is on the TGV Duplex.

Most information I've been able to find online and through other forums but I can't find any detailed information on the screens for the Duplex and how each page works.

If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated, if you could describe how they work functionally either on the post or DM, or even better if you are able to provide any documentation on these.

Attached picture of the main screen I'm researching.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 16007729828736601960792815022511.jpg
    16007729828736601960792815022511.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SHD

The screen pictured is the RST (Radio Sol-Trains) / GSM-R interface (with the yellow warning light of the radio emergency call above).

You can easily access the full documentation on GSM-R on the ERA website.

BackwardsPengu

The screen pictured is the RST (Radio Sol-Trains) / GSM-R interface (with the yellow warning light of the radio emergency call above).

You can easily access the full documentation on GSM-R on the ERA website.

Oh dude, thank you! There's a lot on info to get through here :)

One more thing if you know, there's another screen on this Duplex I'm looking into (pictures) that just kinda looks like a DOS machine. Can you give me any info on this? Just the name would be well enough to start looking.

Again, thank you so much!

Attachments

• 16007774155637670414456656297683.jpg
    16007774155637670414456656297683.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38

SHD

Oh dude, thank you! There's a lot on info to get through here :)

One more thing if you know, there's another screen on this Duplex I'm looking into (pictures) that just kinda looks like a DOS machine. Can you give me any info on this? Just the name would be well enough to start looking.

Again, thank you so much!

This screen is the console of the SIAC: Système Informatique d’Aide à la Conduite - Computer system for Driving Assistance. It allows train drivers and maintenance engineers to access the train’s on-board computer system and first appeared on the TGV Atlantique in 1989, the first train in France to be equipped with an on-board computer network. It is also found in this form in the following generations of TGVs: Réseau, TMST, PBA (Thalys) and the first-generation Duplexes.

From a driver’s perspective, the main functions of the SIAC are the following:
- execution of brake tests;
- notification and clearing of faults - the SIAC replaces paper-based maintenance logs;
- troubleshooting instructions.

As you see, it is indeed an old-fashioned human-machine interface, but quite efficient and robust ;)

There’s a little information about SIAC online but I did not find anything in English. This Twitter thread has pictures:

Status
Not open for further replies.