• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink core "shut" (9-10 April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Has been since this morning , with a Bedford - St Pancras LL shuttle and soth London services diverted to either Blackfriars or London Bridge.

Signalling issues apparently. Let us hope they sort if for the morning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Timrud

Nice one for the heads up, usually take the train from St Pancras to Blackfriars in the morning, I'll use the tube instead

FGW_Lad

Thought it was up the creek. Was at a pub by Blackfriars this afternoon and there was a class 700 wirh a 319 sitting there all day.

tsr

Established Member
The aim is to restart normal service at around 0500 if further testing proves OK.

This incident has involved a loss of signalling from (roughly) Farringdon to Loughborough Jn, due to a messy power failure to the signalling caused by some unusual combinations of tripping in the backup power systems. As yet I'm not sure anyone knows the exact cause.

Obviously the fact that this has taken place on a Sunday, with limited capacity south of the Thames for TL trains anyway (due to other engineering work), has meant that impacts have been somewhat limited. IIRC only one train was stranded away from a station and that seemed to only be relatively briefly. Had a similar failure occurred about 20 hours later (ie. Monday morning), and/or with next year's full TL service thrown in... Chaos, organised or not!

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I was bashing in London yesterday and I wondered why the TLink station at Farringdon was closed as I made my way for a pint in the nearby Wetherspoons.

The Growlery

No trains on Thameslink around 5pm April 12 - lineside fire at Hendon. Passengers not being allowed onto the platforms at St Pancras

Status
Not open for further replies.