• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Forest Railroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afternoon All,

Does anyone remember the 7¼ gauge Forest Railroad that used to be at Dobwalls in Cornwall? It was based on American practice and had two separate circuits with steep gradients, deep cuttings, bridges and tunnels. It was closed down in 2006/7, but I went there in 1989, luckily armed with a video camera.

I have now started editing the footage that I took at the time and the first instalment is now on YouTube. Click here if you like to have a look:

Hope it's of interest.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tallguy

Went there twice as a boy During family holidays to Cornwall. So sad that it closed. The rolling stock got sold off as I remember. Was a fantastic place for me. Think it’s now a campsite.

Anyone know what happened to the owners?

There was clearly a lot of interest in the Forest Railroad, so the second part of the video I shot there in 1989 might also be of interest:

Further instalments will be published as time allows...

It is indeed. I live within walking distance and walked past today on my daily walk. Quite posh looking lodges visible

I couldn't help but noticing them when looking at Google Satellite View to see where the Forest Railroad used to be.

Afternoon All,

If anyone would like to have a look, I've just put Part Three of my 1989 Forest Railroad video on my YouTube channel. It has shots of the Union Pacific 4-8-2 QUEEN OF WYOMING and the Denver & Rio Grande 2-8-2 GENERAL PALMER. There's also a ride round the D&RGWRR circuit behind the 2-8-2.

Hope you like it:

Status
Not open for further replies.