• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Historic Dockyard, Chatham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Swanny200

It is an amazing place to visit, first time I went there was in the 90's as a teenager and was in awe at the size of the place, last time was about 2003 as I worked just round the corner and was still in awe, the ropery in itself is huge.

Never managed to get onto the ships or the Ocelot, although I was there when it came back to Chatham, have wanted to go back down and have a look, one of my old friends runs a business at the Admirals offices there so it has always been on my list to catch up next time I'm there.

If you walked round the whole part, you might have recognized filming locations from a whole host of films and TV shows too.

D1002

It is an amazing place to visit, first time I went there was in the 90's as a teenager and was in awe at the size of the place, last time was about 2003 as I worked just round the corner and was still in awe, the ropery in itself is huge.

Never managed to get onto the ships or the Ocelot, although I was there when it came back to Chatham, have wanted to go back down and have a look, one of my old friends runs a business at the Admirals offices there so it has always been on my list to catch up next time I'm there.

If you walked round the whole part, you might have recognized filming locations from a whole host of films and TV shows too.
We managed to board the ships but not the Ocelot (due to Corvid-19 restrictions).
There was a film crew working whilst we were there, but we didn’t manage to find out what they were filming.
There are also conducted tours showing the locations used for ‘Call the Midwife’. The tour guide was actually dressed as a midwife!

Swanny200

We managed to board the ships but not the Ocelot (due to Corvid-19 restrictions).
There was a film crew working whilst we were there, but we didn’t manage to find out what they were filming.
There are also conducted tours showing the locations used for ‘Call the Midwife’. The tour guide was actually dressed as a midwife!

I knew they did call the midwife, some of one of the Brosnan Bond films was done round there too, recently Pennyworth (part of the Gotham series about a young Alfred) was shot there, Belgravia too.

shows a lot of the filming that they have done there during the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.