• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The International Transport Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanTrain

How’s this
31 minutes is as tight as anything to get through US security and find the platform, but it's certaintly permissable in the game :).

It looks like this has taken us far from the tech companies and streetcars of San Francisco, so we chose to go and visit the sea instead, heading up to West 2nd Street to board the 15:53 Tri Delta Transit service 387 to Pittsburg (Ca) Marina, arriving at 16:52 Thursday afternoon.

Goodness only knows how it takes an hour to do 5 miles - I suspect we may also get a complimentry tour of the local area!

Edit - Source: trideltatransit.com/map/route_387.pdf

Last edited:

DanTrain

Here, we board the 17:39 Tri Delta Transit service 388 to the Kaiser Medical Centre, Sand Creek Road, arriving at 18:38 Thursday evening.

Source: trideltatransit.com/map/route_388.pdf

InterCity:125

We continue by way of the convenient 19:39 392 service, terminating at Antioch P&R (hillcrest). The time is 20:04 on a Thursday.

Last edited:

DanTrain

Here, we board the 20:21 BART service to Civic Centre/ UN Plaza, arriving at 21:35 Thursday evening.

Just down the road from Twitter HQ here!

We walk 7mins to Beale st and & folsom st where we board the 00:00 San Francisco munciple transportation agency 25 service to avenue H & 13th st, treasure island, San Francisco arriving at 00:12 (after crossing the bi-level bridge) on a Friday.

We walk 5mins to folsom st & Beale st to board the 1:06 SamTrans 397 Service to San Francisco, McDonnell Rd & west area Rd arriving at 1:57 on a Saturday.

We then board the 18:45 WestJet Service to Halifax stanfeild airport(YHZ) arriving at 21:35 Saturday.

Source: flights.google.com

DanTrain

Leaving the airport, we then board the 22:15 Halifax Transit service 320 to Fall River Park & Ride, arriving at 22:33 Saturday evening.

We then continue on the 23:33 Halifax transit service 320 to Halifax, albermarle st after duke st arriving at 00:03 on Saturday.

A Challenge

Established Member
We walk through to Barrington Street and get the 00:32 Halifax Transit service 9A to Green Acres (Herring Cove Rd After Fotherby Ave (6859)), arriving at 01:10 Saturday morning.

We then board the 7:07 Halifax transit service 9b to Halifax, quinpool Rd before Windsor St arriving at 7:40 on Saturday.

Source:maps.google.com

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi all,

Just to let you all know this game is now back by request (to be reviewed at some point).

Thanks

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Given the time since the last leg we'll begin the new one at Heathrow Airport at 0900 on a Monday morning.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Well a hey nonny no and a here we go

We cast our eye over the seething masses at Heathrow, free once more from the shackles of our blocked thread. A whole world and her delights await us. Shall we gaze upon the fabled rolling hills of the Only 250 Riyal Airport Express CITY BUS With Complementary Wi—Fi and Dedicated Luggages Area in Kuwait? Sail upon the shimmering seas of the allegedly soon to open Milan Metro line 4, the pride of the Milanese network (only tread in stray dog’s urine three or fewer times or your money back)? Or join the travellers on the Schiphol - Almere Sprinter as they samba through the streets to the river of the bongo beat, wending their way up the nearby Sugar Loaf Mountain?
We eventually do the old favourite of “go to the most exotic place on the departure board”, and, with the wind in our hair and murtabak in our nostrils, we board Malaysia Airlines flight MH3 to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. As the first “tuan-tuan gu puan-puan, ladies and gentlemen boys and girls” enters our ears and the first satay stick enters our mouths, we relax, because we’re on the way again.

Last edited:

bussikuski179

At KL we decide we want to fly off again, but tired from the long flight we choose the shortest flight possible, boarding Jetstar flight 684 at 0905 local time, heading to Singapore-Changi Airport where we arrive at 1025 on Tuesday morning.

Last edited:

goo_trains

After our arrival at Changi airport Terminal 3 (all the others are closed due to Covid restrictions), it's a short walk to terminal 3's lower level bus station, from where we catch the 10:36 number 858 bus, operated by SMRT. We take this to Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange, arriving there at 11:46.

A Challenge

Established Member
Google maps has been a bit strange with its timings, so I'm just going off length of journey and frequency. We then get the 11:56 SMRT Bus service 963 to Singapore (HarbourFront Int), arriving at 1313 Tuesday afternoon.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Google maps has been a bit strange with its timings, so I'm just going off length of journey and frequency. We then get the 11:56 SMRT Bus service 963 to Singapore (HarbourFront Int), arriving at 1313 Tuesday afternoon.
There is a cable car right next to the terminal, but there’s something else nearby

You know a forum user with a public transport timetable for the outer reaches of Singapore’s a little like a mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how they got it and danged if they know how to use it.
The name’s Complex, Godfreycomplex, and I come before you good people tonight with an idea...
I give you the 13:20 Sentosa Monorail!!
Well sir there’s nothing on earth like a genuine, bonafide electrified three car Singaporean monorail!!
“Is there a chance the track could bend?”
Not on your life, my gweilo friend
“Was I sent here by the devil?”
No good sir, I’m on the level
I swear it’s this game’s only choice, throw up your hands and raise your voice
Monorail
Monoraaaaaail
MONORAAAAAAAAAIL
“But the timetable link has sadly broken”
Sorry Mom, the mob has spoken
Mono....*annoyed grunt*!
We alight at Beach station, in the midst of a solar eclipse. The cosmic ballet goes on. (At 13:25 on Wednesday afternoon)
P.S. - with sincere apologies to Conan O’Brien and the late, great Phil Hartman.
P.P.S - the ring came off my pudding can

A Challenge

Established Member
We then leave the station and get the 1400 Sentosa service Bus B - Eastbound to W Singapore - Sentosa Cove, arriving at 1411 Wednesday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.