• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Journey Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
1. This journey passes through three stations where the three letter station code is the first three letters
2. This journey is not in Scotland
3. The number of platforms at the start station is less than at the end
4. This journey travels over 'rare track'

backontrack

Established Member
1. This journey passes through three stations where the three letter station code is the first three letters
2. This journey is not in Scotland
3. The number of platforms at the start station is less than at the end
4. This journey travels over 'rare track'
High Wycombe to London Paddington?

A Challenge

Established Member
5. The journey from the origin station to a London Terminal can be done using one change with two (or one) of 7 TOCs

DanTrain

5. The journey from the origin station to a London Terminal can be done using one change with two (or one) of 7 TOCs
Could you please clarify this. Does this origin station have 7 TOCs (in which case it must be Doncaster or Crewe)? Does this station actually have a direct service to London or not?

A Challenge

Established Member
I mean that by using one change (sorry, wasn't very clear) you could travel using a combination two of 7 TOCs (for example XC + VTWC or EM + VTEC) to take you to London.

Bonus Clue
6. The starting station does have a direct service to London

DanTrain

7. The starting station has direct services to Stansted Airport and Norwich
This clue's bugging me. Doesn't this mean the starting station has to be on the line between Peterborough and Ely or it has to be London Liverpool Street? If so, I'm not aware of any HSTs that operate round there except VTEC ones.

A Challenge

Established Member
Both the start and the end have been mentioned in this game (since #63) not by me, and the correct rare track has been guessed twice

DanNCL

Established Member
Lets give this a go then;

Clue 1: The origin station has more than 5 platforms
Clue 2: The destination station is electrified
Clue 3: The stock does not travel faster than 75mph
Clue 4: The journey takes over 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.