• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The "Name the Station" game

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Clue 5. This station is also served by a normally orange rail link bus, on which through bus-inclusive fares are not available.

clagmonster

Established Member
No, it is Barton on Humber. Just to explain the clues, it is served only by Northern Rail by 153s with a daily 185 diagram. The orange bus is the 350 Humber Fast Cat, formerly known as Humberlink, to Hull (it continues to Scunthorpe but the Scunny-Barton leg is not an advertised rail link).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I believe as nobody got the last one, I have to post another. Therefore,
Clue 1: This station is served by 1 TOC.

gnolife

Established Member
Ah, I always thought the daily 185 would have been TPX, thats why I didn't think of Barton.
Rose Hill?

clagmonster

Established Member
Clue 2: This station has one platform.

All services to Barton are operated by Northern, however TPE provide the traincrew and also the stock for the first service.

clagmonster

Established Member
Clue 4: This station is within 1 change of the three capitals of the island of Great Britain.

gnolife

Established Member
Maesteg? (direct to Cardiff Ctl, change at Cardiff for London, and at Cheltenham for Edinburgh)

clagmonster

Established Member
Clue 5: This town shares its name with a town whose disused railway was converted to a bus route.

gnolife

Established Member
again, I'm not sure about the clue 5. I'm going to do another potshot, with Buxton.

clagmonster

Established Member
St. Ives.
Served by FGW, change at St. Erth for the to 06:09 to Cardiff Central, the 06:36 and 08:36 to Edinburgh and numerous services to Paddington.
Clue 5 refers to the St. Ives-Cambridge guided busway.
Clue 1: This station is served by three operators.

Ivo

Established Member
Sorry I've been so slow getting back to you guys! :oops: Yesterday didnt quite go to plan (although I did get a free HST ride out of it :p)...

clagmonster's clues so far have been good, and in the case of the 185 very good - the kind of clue that deserves the bonus. I see no reason why I should not award him the bonus 6 points for each. You guys should have managed St Ives, even if it meant going all the way to Clue 5, though ;)

Play on. Awaiting clagmonster's response to gnolife's suggestion of Manchester Airport.

martinsh

Established Member
Play on. Awaiting clagmonster's response to gnolife's suggestion of Manchester Airport.

That's the problem with this game. Limiting to one reply per clue means that 90% of the time it is impossible to enter play. And maybe we need some limit to stop the same person making all the guesses for one place.