• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Only Way is Essex 07/02/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvanize

This was a trip with two main objectives:
*To clear several branches in Essex required for coverage!
*Experience travelling with Greater Anglia (or Greater Angular as
I kept mispronouncing them as!!

I also wanted to clear some Wetherspoons pubs if the plan allowed!

The trip started with leaving my house at around 0750, heading down to Lewisham station, braving the slightly icy pavements after the weekend’s snow. I make it down to the station without any slippage, and I debate which train to take to London Bridge…do I get the 0808 STOPPER to London Bridge from Platform 1, or do I get the 0811 FAST to London Bridge from Platform 3?

Well…the 0808 Cannon Street is running about two or three minutes late, so I decide…right, I’ll jump on the 0811 Charing Cross. Looking up at the CIS on Platform 3, telling me the train is formed of 10 coaches, is a warning that the train is gonna be formed of Class 376 “Cattle trucks”.
I notice the delayed 0808 rolling into Platform 1, which is formed of 10 cattle trucks, and sure enough, rolling into Platform 3 is a bloody 376!! I do try to avoid travelling on these if possible, when I’m travelling to and from work at London Bridge, I always plan it so I get on a Networker instead, and preferably one that runs fast!

We leave about a minute late from Lewisham, due to the signaller letting the 0808 Cannon Street out before us, over the busy junction! Still, we make good progress, as we run over the Tanners Hill flyover, onto the up fast line, thankfully our progress is not hampered that much, and I believe we may have had a clear run into Platform 6 at London Bridge! So, I alight from the sardine can, and decide that getting to Liverpool Street by bus, will be easier and less busy, than by getting the tube!

I fight my way through the crowd, who are all heading for the tube station, and I turn left into the bus station. There was an Arriva DW on route 149 loading up, but I notice how packed it is already, so I let it go! 2 minutes later, a Stagecoach Omnicity on the 48 starts up, and I consider getting on that to Liverpool Street…but 30 seconds later, another 149 comes off the stand, so I board that one!

Its about 0830 as we cross the water, towards Liverpool Street, I’m thinking this is a nice easy journey, takes no more than 10 minutes, plenty of time to get my tickets etc at London Liverpool Street! All very well until I hear the iBus announcer saying
“This bus is on diversion, please listen for further announcements!!”.

After passing Monument station, we turn RIGHT and head past London Fenchurch Street (normally only served by bus route 40, a route which by some co-incidence, is operated by Abellio!). Not only have we got this diversion (due to roadworks on Gracechurch Street/Bishopsgate), but we keep getting Taxi’s dropping people off in the middle of the road, and the slow bus driver not flooring it when a traffic light is still green, watching it go red, and have to sit through the whole phase again!!

I’m now getting a bit anxious, as I intend to catch the 0900 Norwich service, BUT I need to buy tickets first, and I realise I might be cutting it just a bit fine! Its now just gone 0845, and I’m sitting in traffic near Aldgate! Normally when you go down Gracechurch Street (I used to fancy a girl at school by the name of Grace Church!!), you go past Tower 42 and the Gherkin, so I’m looking out the window, and I see both of them on my left, and I get a little bit confused. We make a right turn, in my disorientated state, I began to think that we were now going AWAY from Liverpool Street, but suddenly I realise where we are…bishopsgate, and on the approach to the station! The iBus says “Liverpool Street Station”…so, finally got there then!

Its about 0853 now, and I look on the board, the 0900 Norwich service is departing from Platform 9. Right…tickets! Thankfully there wasn’t too big a queue in the ticket office, I manage to get the tickets for the first part of the journey…and, I get them issued in a brand new Greater Anglia wallet, which the booking clerk told me, is in “Great demand!”

I board the 0900 at about 0857, plenty of time, but I walk through first class to reach Standard Class, then I find a seat in coach G. Its 90004 providing the shoveage on the first part of the journey today! The first part of the journey is rather uneventful, but as I speed through the East London suburbs and out into the Essex countryside, I notice how much snow they still have, and what a wonderful sight that was, the sun shining over snow covered fields!

The trip remains uneventful until we reach Colchester, where 47828 (formerly named Joe Strummer when in Cotswold ownership) is stabled, presumably as the thunderbird! We leave Colchester on time, and I prepare to alight at Manningtree, in order to cover the first branch line. I cross over to Platform 1, where 321343 awaits my custom, for the run to Harwich Town. Where do I sit? Oh, the PMSO of course!! The run to Harwich Town is pretty sedate I found, but was quite enjoyable, running alongside the estuary of the River Stour! Crossing the River Stour on the 90 set would of taken me into Suffolk, which would of somehow spoilt the title!!

GB Railfreight’s 66717 was passed outside Harwich Parkestone Quay…oh, sorry, Harwich International nowadays! It was on a tanker train. I noticed how long the platforms are at Harwich International, and that some of the lampposts are still painted in Anglia Railways turquoise, going back to the days when they used to run boat trains from London with Class 86s and mark 2s!

Leaving Harwich International, there are what look like wind turbines under construction, I didn’t realise how MASSIVE the blades are, one blade is still an abnormal load on the back of a lorry!! And arriving at Harwich Town seemed to be a bit of an anti-climax, there was only a 6 minute turnaround, so I only had time to walk to the end of the street outside the station, and walk back, in time for the 1028 back to Manningtree!
I must of confused the conductor, because he checked my ticket on the outward run from Manningtree, and checked it again the way back, should of come up with a reason why I decided to stay in Harwich for all of 6 minutes!!

On the way back to Manningtree, I was expecting to pass another 321 heading back towards Harwich, but never saw one, then I realised that for most of the day, it seems to be a “one engine in steam” job, apart from the freight trains!

We arrive at Manningtree at 10:50, giving me a +3 for my next move, the 10:53 London Liverpool Street service, which I would take as far as Colchester. 90006 does the honours, and as I’m only going to Colchester, I decide not to sit down, and just stand in the vestibule. And no, I didn’t do heads out, as it was far too cold, and my days of doing heads out on the mainline, are over!! Quite a bit of “crumpet” on this train, either going to Colchester or London for the day…maybe I should of sat down! This would be the last loco hauled train of the day, remainder of the day would be spent on EMUs!

I alight at Colchester, and head over to the ticket office to buy the tickets for the next leg, for the “Sunshine coast” line to Clacton on Sea! As I cross to Platform 2 to await the 1116 to Clacton, 90044, still in BR Railfreight grey with Freightliner branding, storms northbound on a Freightliner train, moments later, 66589 rushes southbound on a similar working!

A pair of Class 360 units produce for the 1116 to Clacton, as I board, I notice quite a strong smell of weed in my carriage…well, could be worse smells than that!! We pass through the Colchester dive-under. Quite a nice pleasant run, seems the further I get, the more snow there seemed to be in the countryside, although it was beginning to thaw in some parts along the line. At Thorpe-Le-Soken, we connect with a Class 321 on the Walton service, allowing cross platform interchange for anyone who wants it!

Pretty soon we approach Clacton station, the station looking a shadow of its former self! I’m sure it would have been quite a run, doing it London to Clacton on the Class 309 units, rather than on a Class 360! Instead of waiting for the unit to return as the 1205 to London, I actually leave the station, and walk into town, as per my plan. Somebody once told me Clacton is the chav capital of Essex, but it didn’t seem to be so chav infested! Mind you, we’re only talking midday on a Tuesday!! I continue walking down towards the seafront, past the open, but completely deserted amusement arcades, where I find the “Moon and Starfish” Wetherspoons!

I buy lunch in Wetherspoons, and to wash it down, a pint of Westons Old Rosie scrumpy Cider! Very nice it was too! Sitting by the window, I notice various buses running past, including a TGM liveried ALX300, which I’m sure in a previous life, used to run on the 726 bus route in London, from Bromley South all the way to Heathrow Airport! I also pick up a very useful leaflet, the Wetherspoons directory, telling me where all the current Wetherspoons are located, across the UK…and yes, it also has a tick box to show you’ve been there!!

On my way back to Clacton Station, I stop by at WHSmith, and purchase the latest Todays Railways UK, and a big bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk caramel. At Clacton station, I buy my ticket from Thorpe to Walton, before boarding a 4 car Class 360 in Blue, for the short run to Thorpe-Le-Soken! Alighting at Thorpe, I have about 20 minutes until the Walton service arrives, so I have a little look round the station, walking up and down the snow covered platforms! Just after the ex Clacton service left, the 321 on the Walton-Colchester shuttle departed, as if in hot pursuit! I might of misjudged the depth of the snow, as I ended up accidentally getting snow down the back of my walking boots…oh well! 321341 arrived on the Walton service, the train awaiting a connecting Class 360 on the Clacton service, before we leave for Walton.

This run seemed quite uneventful, I alight at Walton and have another brief wonder around, this time I have 13 minutes to fester, as opposed to just 6 minutes at Harwich!! I look out over the clifftop, and across the water I can see the cranes from the docks at Harwich, and in the other direction, the offshore windfarm that overlooks Clacton!

I rejoin 321341 for the return run from Walton-On-The-Naze, heading to Colchester Town, this service, unlike the fast Clacton services, actually calls at all the stations, so passed through Alresford (looks quite different to the one in Hampshire!! :lol: ) and Hythe (for Dungeness? No sign of the little steam engines…oh, wait, wrong county again!! :lol: ).
We arrive at Colchester Town (Or St Botolphs as its called in MSTS Great Eastern!) at 14:40, this is another place where I’m gonna get the Wetherspoons in!! If I can bloody find it…I must of taken a wrong turning…I ended up walking the wrong way, past Colchester bus station…I then realise that I’m NOT on St Johns Street, I’m actually walking up Queens Street!! Wow, the place does seem quite big, didn’t realise how big it was, and how far away it is from the mainline station!! I eventually find the Spoons, “The Playhouse” in plenty of time, and I buy a Thatchers Gold Cider for £2.65! Not bad at all.

After that refreshing pint, I walk back towards Colchester Town station, passing various Volvo Olympians belonging to First Group and independent operators such as Chambers, and Network Colchester! My next train, is the 15:35 from Colchester Town down to Witham, in order to cover the last branch of the day, Braintree. I’m expecting it to be a 4 car Class 321 or maybe a Class 360…preferably a 321! Yep, it is a 321…oh, two 321s so its an 8 car…oh, hang about, that’s 3 pantographs…a 12 car 321, wasn’t expecting that!!

I take a seat in the PMSO again, ready for a storming run down the mainline…well, not so storming but it wasn’t too bad. 47828 was still sitting at Colchester sidings, just as it was when I saw it at 0945! I saw Central Trains liveried 156412 at Marks Tey, on the Sudbury shuttle service. Now, the Sudbury branch was of no interest to me on this day, because it actually goes into Suffolk, so wouldn’t come into the scope of the day’s bash…and secondly, I’ve already covered the branch!

I did the Sudbury branch back in the late 1990s as a small child, at the second attempt! I wanted to go there after my Granddad told me about the Class 121 bubble cars, but alas, when me and the family went there, we made it all the way to Marks Tey to be told…
“Sorry no Sunday service!!” and the second time we actually made it, the Class 121s had gone, and were replaced by Class 153 dogboxes…shame! :cry:

Oh well, back to 07/02/12, rather than 1997 or 1998 when those trips occurred, I alight at Witham, I now have a 35 minute connection for the 1635 to Braintree. In hindsight, maybe I should of got the Wetherspoons in at Witham, but looking on the map on their website while planning the trip, it looked a bit too far from the station, to be able to do in the 35 minute connection!! Now…as the sun begins to set, its starting to get really really cold, I see various trains passing through, including another Class 66 hauled Freightliner.

Eventually the 1635 Braintree arrives, another 12 car Class 321. The platform staff announce that only the front 8 coaches will be going to Braintree, the rear 4 coaches not in service, so I assume the train will be splitting at Witham! Erm…no, we leave with 12 coaches, the rear 4 locked out of use, due to short platforms, as I found out from the conductor! Seeing the sun setting over the snow covered fields and villages was a sight to behold, thankfully from the warmth of the train!

Once again, in hindsight I should of got the Braintree spoons in as well, but due to the fact I only had a 9 minute turnaround, and the infrequent service, I didn’t include it in the plan. Whilst changing ends at Braintree, I noticed the unit on the London end was an ex London Midland 321/4, which has a declassified FC section! The run down to London was rather uneventful, as it was now dark, but the train was delayed at Witham, due to a delayed Norwich-London service being let out infront of us!

I alight at Stratford, where I change for the DLR back to Lewisham. As our service terminates at Canary Wharf, I had to change there for a Lewisham train, which, at 1830 being the evening rush hour, was quite busy! I arrive at Lewisham at about 18:40, and get home at 18:50, with the heating on, I was starting to thaw out, after a good trip!!

The trip managed to go to plan, no farces or muckups that caused the plan to change, and I’m glad I managed to get everything in! Also, good job the sun was out too, otherwise it would have been even colder during the day!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
A nice report! To prevent the need for a squillion different QUOTE boxes, I will just select certain parts and respond in red.

Lousy name by the way ;) (Not really, but I despise modern tosh like TOWIE.)

After passing Monument station, we turn RIGHT and head past London Fenchurch Street (normally only served by bus route 40, a route which by some co-incidence, is operated by Abellio!).

That would have been a highly convenient change for me. London Bridge to Southend without the need for the Jubilee!

The first part of the journey is rather uneventful, but as I speed through the East London suburbs and out into the Essex countryside, I notice how much snow they still have, and what a wonderful sight that was, the sun shining over snow covered fields!

Essex folk don't know the meaning of the word "snow". Most people in this country get frightened by two inches of snow; people in Essex get frightened by one signle snowflake! According to my brother people don't prepare for snow in Southend because it never snows there - the weekend flurry means they have now had snow in 11 consecutive calendar years (having had none in 1998 to 2001)!

I cross over to Platform 1, where 321343 awaits my custom, for the run to Harwich Town. Where do I sit? Oh, the PMSO of course!! The run to Harwich Town is pretty sedate I found, but was quite enjoyable, running alongside the estuary of the River Stour!

I still need to do Harwich - but it's not the only dud I have in North Essex. I need all of Walton, Braintree and Sudbury as well - and, I believe anyway, the north-west side of the Colchester Town triangle. (Not sure on that one.)

This would be the last loco hauled train of the day, remainder of the day would be spent on EMUs!

Fun...

A pair of Class 360 units produce for the 1116 to Clacton, as I board, I notice quite a strong smell of weed in my carriage…well, could be worse smells than that!! We pass through the Colchester dive-under. Quite a nice pleasant run, seems the further I get, the more snow there seemed to be in the countryside, although it was beginning to thaw in some parts along the line. At Thorpe-Le-Soken, we connect with a Class 321 on the Walton service, allowing cross platform interchange for anyone who wants it!

The one time I needed that conneciton the Clacton train had been held up, making it dead easy! (I was travelling from Colchester Town to Clacton, and changing at Wivenhoe hadn't occurred to me.) Oh, and as for the smell - it's Essex. What do you expect?

Pretty soon we approach Clacton station, the station looking a shadow of its former self! I’m sure it would have been quite a run, doing it London to Clacton on the Class 309 units, rather than on a Class 360!

Clacton as a whole is a shadow of its former self. Billy Butlin would be glad to have pulled his franchise fromt he town if he saw it today - but it is often said that his actions caused the town's decline! As for the station specifically, the last time I was there they had locked the toilets due to vandalism. What a surprise...

We arrive at Colchester Town (Or St Botolphs as its called in MSTS Great Eastern!) at 14:40, this is another place where I’m gonna get the Wetherspoons in!! If I can bloody find it…I must of taken a wrong turning…I ended up walking the wrong way, past Colchester bus station…I then realise that I’m NOT on St Johns Street, I’m actually walking up Queens Street!! Wow, the place does seem quite big, didn’t realise how big it was, and how far away it is from the mainline station!!

You'd be surprised how big the centre of Colchester is. Did you happen to notice if the new bus station open yet? Bit surprising to hear that Town station is referred to by its old name on MSTS though!

After that refreshing pint, I walk back towards Colchester Town station, passing various Volvo Olympians belonging to First Group and independent operators such as Chambers, and Network Colchester!

Plenty of Olympians in Colchester! One of the good things about it. On the other hand, Network Colchester are a TGM brand, and are thus under the control of Arriva (and then the Germans, but that's not my point). In years gone by, they had a close working relationship with Arriva Southend, even in council-operation days. Then Arriva put Colchester up for sale, whilst sending some of its fleet to Southend, and TGM came along. They themselves were then bought by Arriva, placing Colchester in their hands again...

Eventually the 1635 Braintree arrives, another 12 car Class 321. The platform staff announce that only the front 8 coaches will be going to Braintree, the rear 4 coaches not in service, so I assume the train will be splitting at Witham! Erm…no, we leave with 12 coaches, the rear 4 locked out of use, due to short platforms, as I found out from the conductor! Seeing the sun setting over the snow covered fields and villages was a sight to behold, thankfully from the warmth of the train!

I didn't know about that! Plenty of 12-car trains run to Braintree...

Sounds like a good day! You did concentrate on the most interesting corner of the county as far as the railways go, which helped.

lauraGeeGee

The 12 cars to Braintree only go as 12 as on their return to London, they form a 12 car to Southend victoria.

Great fun stopping at a 12 car board which is off the end of the platform!

The same thing happens on the southminster branch in the morning peak. Only front 8 in service to southminster. The back 4 are locked out there for return to London. So technically it's a 12 leaving southminster but with only the middle 4 open for boarding. Whole lot opened up at south woodham ferrers then it misses battlesbridge as that's only an 8 car platorm. The other 12 stops at battlesbridge and the whole lot is open from wickford.

Sounds like you had a great day. You must have been out for hours!

Galvanize

I don't watch TOWIE, but the name couldn't be more appropriate, seeing as I was purely focussing on various lines within the county :D

As for Colchester Bus station, it didn't look very "new", think its either the old bus station or a temporary bus station at the moment! The Station was renamed Colchester Town in 1991, but the original MSTS Great Eastern, is set in the early 1990s, so the station is still called St Botolph's. I quite liked the Playhouse Spoons in Colchester, its an old fashioned theatre, and it even has "dummies" sitting on the mezzanine floor upstairs, as if a real play was going on!

Yeah, but as with any seaside town in winter, it always looks a bit depressing. I do like the thing about Mr Butlin probably closing Clacton Butlins himself, but I don't know the whole story about how he could of caused the decline of the place! In a way, I kinda see Clacton as being the poorer relation to Southend, or maybe North Essex's version of Southend! Or if Southend is Essex's Brighton, then Clacton could be Essex's Eastbourne!

Didn't realise 12 car 321s run to Braintree all the time, but Braintree Freeport and Cressing, the 4 coaches on the London end are locked out of use, as they are off the platform. Also, 12 car trains carry a conductor between Witham and Braintree, otherwise they run DOO!

So I've completed NORTH Essex, I still need a few lines in SOUTH Essex...but that will wait until another time! :) I could of done Southend Vic and/or Southminster yesterday, but as it was getting cold, and getting dark, didn't fancy it! Also, I had things to do at home in the evening too!!

Sounds like you had a great day. You must have been out for hours!
Was out and about on the trains for about...9 hours or so, not the longest day out, but when it gets dark early during the winter months, I tend to retire at about 5 or 6pm!!

Ivo

Established Member
As for Colchester Bus station, it didn't look very "new", think its either the old bus station or a temporary bus station at the moment!

They STILL haven't finished? I used the temporary facility in 2009 - and I surprised the new one wasn't open then!

In a way, I kinda see Clacton as being the poorer relation to Southend, or maybe North Essex's version of Southend! Or if Southend is Essex's Brighton, then Clacton could be Essex's Eastbourne!

Clacton IS the poor relation to Southend. I would even go as far as to suggest that even relating it to Eastbourne is a bit harsh. Southend and Brighton are the big two in the south-east. Eastbourne in my mind is #3. After that, most of it is worthless.

Galvanize

They STILL haven't finished? I used the temporary facility in 2009 - and I surprised the new one wasn't open then!

Clacton IS the poor relation to Southend. I would even go as far as to suggest that even relating it to Eastbourne is a bit harsh. Southend and Brighton are the big two in the south-east. Eastbourne in my mind is #3. After that, most of it is worthless.

Ahh, maybe Clacton could be more like Hastings, as in a place that has also seen better days!! The person who told me Clacton is chav capital of Essex said its mostly full of Chavs and old people, and anyone who either wasn't a chav, or wasn't "OLD" is few and far between! There were a lot of old people around and about when I was there though!!

W-on-Sea

Established Member
You really need to go to Jaywick (West Clacton in estate agent parlance - so bad is the reputation of Jaywick) to get the full-on Clacton chav experience. Amazing beaches there though.... Surely one of the reasons Southend sparkles in comparison (and it really does) is its closeness to London.

The naze itself at Walton has some great views (and a fine tower), but probably not best appreciated on a snowy February day...and Frinton...is as refined as its reputation suggests.

Brightlingsea and West Mersea are probably my favourite small-town Essex coastal towns (although if Maldon counts as a coastal town, count that in too, and perhaps Burnham-on-Crouch too); they all have a sense of detachment from the the modern world about them, to varying degrees...

Although Southminster itself isn't much, I do think that's a fine branch line scenery-wise- along the river for much of the way, and as flat a landscape as you will find anywhere on earth.

Ivo

Established Member
You really need to go to Jaywick (West Clacton in estate agent parlance - so bad is the reputation of Jaywick) to get the full-on Clacton chav experience. Amazing beaches there though.... Surely one of the reasons Southend sparkles in comparison (and it really does) is its closeness to London.

The naze itself at Walton has some great views (and a fine tower), but probably not best appreciated on a snowy February day...and Frinton...is as refined as its reputation suggests.

Brightlingsea and West Mersea are probably my favourite small-town Essex coastal towns (although if Maldon counts as a coastal town, count that in too, and perhaps Burnham-on-Crouch too); they all have a sense of detachment from the the modern world about them, to varying degrees...

Although Southminster itself isn't much, I do think that's a fine branch line scenery-wise- along the river for much of the way, and as flat a landscape as you will find anywhere on earth.

This, from the Guardian, should explain Jaywick's situation. It really does epitomise the poor Essex stereotype!

Never been to either of Brightlingsea or Mersea oddly enough...

martin2345uk

Established Member
This, from the Guardian, should explain Jaywick's situation. It really does epitomise the poor Essex stereotype!

Never been to either of Brightlingsea or Mersea oddly enough...

We used to go on regular school trips to Mersea so that's all it can now remind me of! Lots and lots of mud.

Brightlingsea is lovely, nice walk along the disused railway that used to connect it to Wivenhoe :)

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Mud - hmm, that's almost a synonym for "sea" in much of Essex.

Mersea also has oysters!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Great trip there Josh! Meant to ask the other day, how long have you been track bashing now? Must be a while.

Was only 8 car 321s when I did Braintree, think the same for Southend Victoria in August last year, but to be fair that was the middle of the afternoon. 12 car 321 formations to Clacton was fun, gonna have to do Stratford for the red pen action one day!

martinsh

Established Member
Once again, in hindsight I should of got the Braintree spoons in as well

You missed a treat - it's one of their converted cinemas, and only about 3 mins from station IIRC

PS great report. I really must do an Essex trip sometime. Still need Southminster, Sudbury, Walton and Harwich. Have thought about doing Harwich and Felixstowe via the ferry...

Galvanize

Great trip there Josh! Meant to ask the other day, how long have you been track bashing now? Must be a while.

Was only 8 car 321s when I did Braintree, think the same for Southend Victoria in August last year, but to be fair that was the middle of the afternoon. 12 car 321 formations to Clacton was fun, gonna have to do Stratford for the red pen action one day!
I first started track bashing about 5 or 6 years ago, but the amount of track covered in those years, has been rather limited! But, I do try when I've got an opportunity!!

Might get Braintree Spoons in next time, and I will also do Southminster and Southend Vic when the weather improves a bit! :D

Ivo

Established Member
If you're going for Spoons, note that Southend has one and that Leigh-on-Sea also has one. The Last Post in Southend is literally opposite the main entrance to Central, but I would recommend the bus for the Elms in Leigh (any thing from Bays A and B, apart from the 5, from the Travel Centre). If it's a Tuesday, you can also get the 6A bus from Leigh station, but otherwise going from there isnot recommended.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I first started track bashing about 5 or 6 years ago, but the amount of track covered in those years, has been rather limited! But, I do try when I've got an opportunity!!

Might get Braintree Spoons in next time, and I will also do Southminster and Southend Vic when the weather improves a bit! :D

Cool, just never really hear of you doing any track bashing so imagine my surprise when I saw you with a Quail recently! :lol:

Got the Wetherspoon app when I could eventually get my password sorted for Android Market. Didn't like finding my location when I tried it, but the search function seemed to work OK. Also downloaded the list of outlets, noticed when I had a better look at it on my way home tonight that it indeed has tick boxes for visits. If only pressing those boxes on my phone's list put a tick in them that would prove to be dead useful! Never mind, I intend to print off the list at some point before my next trip out, must be getting quite a few in now with my latest 'Spoons being The William Withering in Wellington, Shropshire :D

Galvanize

Cool, just never really hear of you doing any track bashing so imagine my surprise when I saw you with a Quail recently! :lol:
Well, the only thing I fill in is the Bakers Atlas, the Quail maps that have been in my possession are mainly for reference only!

Yeah good idea with the Wetherspoons App, but as I don't have an android phone, I just go by the old fashioned way of finding a required spoons, and writing it in my list!! :lol:
The count stands at a rather poor 50 or so at the moment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.