• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I can see both points of view. Having had a fair few invalid posts in my time, I know the frustration.
However it is a good thing that the game like Paul said is challenging, and I guess certainly when it comes to buses and their stop locations, this challenge is going to lead to some invalid moves.

I would advocate a ruling that allows, especially in big cities, a bigger sphere of movement. For example, if someone found themselves at a stop on a side street in say Birmingham and 25-50 yards away was a main road with a bus stop at that junction with the side street they are on. It could be that the main road has a wider range of bus services. It would be logical for the person to walk that very short distance to catch a bus.
So the same goes for trains, trams (The Metrolink issues we have had of late being a fine example)

I do think this is possible as long as it is not taken advantage of, and I don't think the folk who do this quiz would do such a thing.
One last point is that, to use the example above, the person under the current rules would be forbidden from walking that short distance, yet they would be able to walk several times further at a large railway or bus station to change services. Even though in both cases a 5 minute minimum connection is allowed.
Eg. Arrive Manchester Piccadilly on a 390 from London, next move is a train to Preston from platform 14.

An excellent idea. Couldn't agree more.

If the quiz team have a serious review of the quiz, then I may consider returning. In the meantime, it's just way too stressful.

I agree with Paul's comment on it being a challenge. I do like a challenge, but this is beyond a challenge and just too literal.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan344

Established Member
With regards to the rules, surely it would be best to all sit down and have a discussion on the rules with regards to how we all think they should be set out, and then seeing how it goes from there.

Noting carefully the fact that a 10 minute connection time applies here, we are fortunate to be able to make our next journey with only a short delay as we board the 1435 First ScotRail service to Perth that arrives there at 1553 on Saturday afternoon.

We are soon underway on the 16:00 First Scotrail service to Haymarket arriving there at 17:15 Saturday Afternoon

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
With regards to the rules, surely it would be best to all sit down and have a discussion on the rules with regards to how we all think they should be set out, and then seeing how it goes from there.

You all know my views on the matter from the recent posting that I made. I see no reason whatsoever to change the position that I hold. All I will add is that some of the quizzes are more challenging and mind-stretching than others on the Quizzes and Games Forum.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
We are soon underway on the 16:00 First Scotrail service to Haymarket arriving there at 17:15 Saturday Afternoon

We next board the 1726 First ScotRail service to Cardross that arrives at 1921 on Saturday evening.

Last edited:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
This thread has been temporarily locked whilst the Quizmaster team review certain aspects of the rules.

Update: Following discussion, the game has been relaunched in a new thread that can be found here.

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A reminder to all those that contribute to this thread that decisions by Quizmasters are final. Any grievance should be addressed to them in the first instance via PM. The Staff Team should only be consulted if it cannot be resolved satisfactorily by the Quizmasters. Any discussion of moderation decisions by Quizmasters in public will be dealt with in line with the Forum Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.