• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Saltburn Alternative ** WAS The Whitby Endeavour ** - Branch Line Society - 22nd October

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExRes

Established Member
A round trip from Derby with an option to visit the NYMR, to be operated by 50008 and a Loram Class 37

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
I would imagine this is a tour up @Iskra street, nice pick up/set down at Sheffield.

Sounds like a good tour, although I won't be on it as I can't justify the total cost (railtour ticket, train tickets to reach a starting/end point & the cost of accommodation) in a time where energy costs will skyrocket :(

Iskra

Established Member
I would imagine this is a tour up @Iskra street, nice pick up/set down at Sheffield.

Sounds like a good tour, although I won't be on it as I can't justify the total cost (railtour ticket, train tickets to reach a starting/end point & the cost of accommodation) in a time where energy costs will skyrocket :(
Well it scores highly for traction, off train options and convenience. But, I am unlikely to do it I think, I have another tour earlier in the month and land back in the UK from an overseas trip on the 21st and have the football on the 23rd. I’ve been up that area recently with UKR and it isn’t offering much that’s new to me and £170 Sheffield-Whitby return seems difficult to justify.

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Well it scores highly for traction, off train options and convenience. But, I am unlikely to do it I think, I have another tour earlier in the month and land back in the UK from an overseas trip on the 21st and have the football on the 23rd. I’ve been up that area recently with UKR and it isn’t offering much that’s new to me and £170 Sheffield-Whitby return seems difficult to justify.
Don't forget it goes into Bishop Auckland as well ;) Although that only adds a bit more distance for the money.

ExRes

Established Member
Reported on the BLS website that this tour will now run to Saltburn rather than Whitby, it seems that a scheduling clash with the NYMR could not be resolved, timings and calls have been updated by BLS

ExRes

Established Member
Diagrams all seem to be in place for Saturday, 50008 starting from Knottingley TMD and the Loram 37 from Derby RTC

Friday - 1010 0Z50 Knottingley TMD to Gascoigne Wood Sdgs & 1208 5Z50 to Chaddesden Sdgs

Saturday - 0417 0Z49 Derby RTC to Chaddesden Sdgs & 0506 5Z50 to Derby

Saturday - 0530 1Z50 Derby to Saltburn & 1441 1Z54 to Shildon & 1700 1Z56 to Derby

Saturday - 2128 5Z67 Derby to Chaddesden Sdgs & 2159 0Z56 to Derby RTC

Sunday - 1358 5Z57 Chaddesden Sdgs to Gascoigne Wood Sdgs & 1710 0Z57 to Knottingley TMD

Status
Not open for further replies.