• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Things that used to be common place in people’s homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
"Silver" hi-fi separates with a back lit tuner and cassette player with back lit volume unit meters (and turntable obviously).

My, how I wanted one as a child !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Sarf

Established Member
"Silver" hi-fi separates with a back lit tuner and cassette player with back lit volume unit meters (and turntable obviously).

My, how I wanted one as a child !
Ah vinyl.

Back in the day those Hi-Fi separates were made in Japan fashion even turned from silver (brushed aluminium iirc) to black by the early eighties. Very good sturdy quality and worth repairing. Lower quality later as made by Japanese firms/names but not in Japan !.

trebor79

Established Member
Ah vinyl.

Back in the day those Hi-Fi separates were made in Japan fashion even turned from silver (brushed aluminium iirc) to black by the early eighties. Very good sturdy quality and worth repairing. Lower quality later as made by Japanese firms/names but not in Japan !.
Yes I remember my father replacing his wood and aluminium one with a black aluminium set made by "Trio". Later he added a Trio CD player to it, and I was always fascinated by the volume control knob on it, which not only had a little red LED in it, but it actually turned by itself if you used the remote control to adjust the volume!

Jimini

Established Member
Yes I remember my father replacing his wood and aluminium one with a black aluminium set made by "Trio". Later he added a Trio CD player to it, and I was always fascinated by the volume control knob on it, which not only had a little red LED in it, but it actually turned by itself if you used the remote control to adjust the volume!

Crivens, I'd forgotten about those! 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.