• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Timing of Engneering Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Planner

Veteran Member
GBR certainly needs to fix that dynamic but as i say to get balance the right between maximising the farebox over the cost of maintaining and renewing the railway.
GBR won't alter the way FOCs see it as they are effectively open access. Engineering work is currently weighed up against revenue as the TOCs respond in that respect.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonbridge

Established Member
Is that the same date every year?

We are massively driven by what TOCs and FOCs accept.
It’s usually the middle of October, this year it’s Sunday 16th, last year was the 17th, 2020 it, along with many other events, was cancelled. 2019 20th, 2018 21st, 2015 25th. (From my records, those are the years I ran it…..2019 met Eilish McColgan, after she won it and broke the Scottish womens 10 mile record previously held by her mother…..)

The Planner

Veteran Member
It’s usually the middle of October, this year it’s Sunday 16th, last year was the 17th, 2020 it, along with many other events, was cancelled. 2019 20th, 2018 21st, 2015 25th. (From my records, those are the years I ran it…..2019 met Eilish McColgan, after she won it and broke the Scottish womens 10 mile record previously held by her mother…..)
Surprised the TOC didnt knock it back then, though if its normally a large enough attended event NR normally try to take account of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.