• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Toton 60 Scrap Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthurfical

I’ve seen many photographs of this, but where is the exact spot where all these photos ate from as I’m looking to make a trip soon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
It's about a 20 minute walk from the tram stop at Toton Lane.

Here's a live Google Maps link, and below that is a screenshot on which I have drawn the walking route and highlighted the viewing location in yellow:

1618009048120.png

Last edited:

trainmania100

Established Member
Hope nobody hates me for bumping this...
Has anyone got any recent pictures of the 60 scrap line ? I'm hoping to make a quick visit on the 29th.
I'm heading that the bushes alongside the 60s are making it hard to get shots now , with the only real ideal place being the A52 bridge.

Has anyone been recently ? What's it like ?

Sm5

I went past on a HST during diverts at the end of April.
pretty much the same the photographs as you see on line, a 3+ rows of very long lines of 60’s. Their condition looks dirty, and weather stained but they didnt look like they were rotting apart, considering how long theyve been there, must be built of tougher stuff / better paint than early diesels.

On the shed side, there are also quite a number of 60’s scattered about, again easy viewing from the line as the train went past.

You cant help but be surprised at how many you see, i’ll try to put the video up of the run past.

At the south end, theres a lot of clearance going on, assume its HS2 related, so at somepoint soon i’ll guess they will need to move them.

Spaceship323

If you've a couple of hours you can walk right around the depot perimeter. Head south along the bank, over the green footbridge that you can see in the distance, head north along the footpath past the depot to the canal and the towpath takes you to Sandiacre. Go past LIDL then right onto Bessel lane and back to the bank. There's 5 60's on the west side near the fence which are easy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.