• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE discount applied to VTWC tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

roversfan2001

Established Member
I've booked Advances between Preston and Glasgow for Wednesday (on Virgin services in both directions) and they have had the '16-18 TPE discount' applied; is the train manager likely to assume that I've done something dodgy? The fares at the price they were weren't available on the VT site, I booked them through TPE's site. It just seems strange that an operator-specific discount has been applied to tickets wholly on another operator.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
I've booked Advances between Preston and Glasgow for Wednesday (on Virgin services in both directions) and they have had the '16-18 TPE discount' applied; is the train manager likely to assume that I've done something dodgy? The fares at the price they were weren't available on the VT site, I booked them through TPE's site. It just seems strange that an operator-specific discount has been applied to tickets wholly on another operator.

It's a bit of a bug and i've had XC 1st advances do that. It'll likely get fixed pronto (as at one point you could buy Birmingham to Banbury advances with TPE discount) once it's noticed, which will likely be already as it didn't take long for the XC ones to vanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.