• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE services allocated for Double units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killingworth

Established Member
Judging by Dore & Totley car park 2 carriages would have been more than enough today! 12 cars parked this morning, and one bike for all trains. January 2020 it would be full and overflowing with over 200 car users by 8.30. Sending out 6 coaches is very optimistic and I'd have thought more than needed for distancing

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northernchris

Established Member
Are the Piccadilly - Hull's still booked double sets? From my recent sightings the majority have been singles

Fokx

Are the Piccadilly - Hull's still booked double sets? From my recent sightings the majority have been singles

Most are 6 car (particularly in the peaks) but there’s quite a number that are booked 3 car now, and with such low passenger numbers between Leeds and Hull, it’s more than enough

Some operate as a 6 car to hull and then split to a 3 on the way back, 1K16 1K32 and 1K39 are among those

Jamesrob637

Established Member
The Redcars seem to be leaving 3 behind at York now.

So lengthier trains across the core (York-Leeds-Manchester and Doncaster-Sheffield-Manchester)

BHXDMT

Looks like most South TPE are only 3-car today for the eastern section Doncaster to Cleethorpes.

So lengthier trains across the core (York-Leeds-Manchester and Doncaster-Sheffield-Manchester)

They're not. They're 6 coaches as booked, the rear 3 simply aren't in use from Cleethorpes to Doncaster due to a fault with a CASDO* beacon on the route. Doncaster to Cleethorpes is unaffected.

I assume a similar reason for the Redcar service you're referring to.

*Coach based Automatic Selective Door Operation

Fokx

That’s due to a C-ASDO beacon failure at Thirsk which is due to be repaired. The only other way of operating is by locking the doors out manually but this isn’t an option due to health and safety of traincrew who are instructed to only go down the train if they deem it safe to do so

tpjm

Peak time services are. They drop a unit at MAN/HUL and become singles for the off-peak services.

That’s due to a C-ASDO beacon failure at Thirsk which is due to be repaired. The only other way of operating is by locking the doors out manually but this isn’t an option due to health and safety of traincrew who are instructed to only go down the train if they deem it safe to do so
That's one of the reasons. The other is that the operational plan with regards to C-ASDO is to never set up a train crew to fail, i.e. don't plan to work around something that is known to be defective - it's much safer to just remove the safety risk all together. (And before anybody suggests that train crew are trained for these situations - they are, but it's not good practice to knowingly introduce a potential risk that occurs regularly every hour of the day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.