• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Driver Practice Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tombomb

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have recently applied for a Trainee Driver role with Arriva Rail London (London Overground).

I was wondering if there are any additional practice materials (books, Youtube channels, websites) that i can look at or buy before i go to my assessment?

I know there are a lot of different posts on here of people giving their own experiences which have been very helpful, and now i know what to expect. But i would like to get the best/most recommended practice materials before my assessment to give me the best chance at passing the tests (i don't mind paying for them, the investment will be worth it if i get the job). Does anyone have any web links or recommendations?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Knowledgeboy

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have recently applied for a Trainee Driver role with Arriva Rail London (London Overground).

I was wondering if there are any additional practice materials (books, Youtube channels, websites) that i can look at or buy before i go to my assessment?

I know there are a lot of different posts on here of people giving their own experiences which have been very helpful, and now i know what to expect. But i would like to get the best/most recommended practice materials before my assessment to give me the best chance at passing the tests (i don't mind paying for them, the investment will be worth it if i get the job). Does anyone have any web links or recommendations?

there is practice material for the tests. The company I believe is called how to become. Can’t remember cost but certainly worth it to give you a good understanding of what to expect but the tests are not exactly the same as the ones carried out by the OPC. Lots of people will tell you not to bother but I certainly feel if your serious about wanting to get through the assessments anything that helps you to prepare better is worth it, however there is lots of useful information on this forum if you just use the search bar. Have you been invited for assessments with arriva as I’ve also applied but yet to hear anything.

Sammy2019

The company should have sent you out the materials and a prep booklet via email prior to your assessment. That’s all you need. Remember a lot of of is to test for certain attributes.

G30RG3

Also search for group burden practice papers. You can find some on Google and there are some links on this forum if you search GBT

Status
Not open for further replies.