• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim World 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatvoyager

Established Member
Pity it's (probably) not gonna be a present day route. I would have loved to drive Class 150s and maybe the Castle Class HSTs. As it stands we'll probably have one new train and another version of the 101. Could be wrong though.
You could use scenario editor and make an off the rails scenario using a 2+4 HST.
Then again, the route wouldn’t be current which makes it a little out of place.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
TSW's 4th May big announcement has been accidentally leaked; London-Brighton is the British Route included along with a US and German route.

More details:

Peter C

Established Member
TSW's 4th May big announcement has been accidentally leaked; London-Brighton is the British Route included along with a US and German route.

More details:

I think I'm going to fall into the camp of 'getting a bit bored with Southern Region routes' now. That's the East Coastway, London-Faversham, IOW, and, to an extent, the Bakerloo Line. There are a few routes which might be more interesting and haven't been covered in TS20xx or TSWx before - one of the Snow Hill Lines? One of the small Welsh branchlines?

-Peter

Iskra

Established Member
I’ve been in that category for some time, but I do find the Brighton Mainline one of the more interesting 3rd rail routes. Hopefully they can make a 442 at somepoint! :)

_toommm_

Established Member
I think I'm going to fall into the camp of 'getting a bit bored with Southern Region routes' now. That's the East Coastway, London-Faversham, IOW, and, to an extent, the Bakerloo Line. There are a few routes which might be more interesting and haven't been covered in TS20xx or TSWx before - one of the Snow Hill Lines? One of the small Welsh branchlines?

-Peter

And the stock on the BML in TSW being Electrostars again, it’ll be a bit boring too as you’ve got Electrostars on the CML and the line out to Eastbourne too.

Peter C

Established Member
I’ve been in that category for some time, but I do find the Brighton Mainline one of the more interesting 3rd rail routes. Hopefully they can make a 442 at somepoint! :)
The Brighton Mainline route for TS20xx is one of the routes I enjoy most - there's something about it which allows for loads of scenario potential. But to have the same thing done again, with the same stock as we've seen previously, is boring. A 442 would be nice (and then a Juniper to replace it with... ;)).

And the stock on the BML in TSW being Electrostars again, it’ll be a bit boring too as you’ve got Electrostars on the CML and the line out to Eastbourne too.
Exactly. I'm prepared to be surprised by the route - DTG have a habit of sometimes releasing something really good - but I'm not expecting much.

-Peter

Kent Dreamer

It will be quite good to take a train from London to Brighton, to then change on to an Eastbourne train.

Peter C

Established Member
It will be quite good to take a train from London to Brighton, to then change on to an Eastbourne train.
That would be quite nice, definitely - especially if you live in the area, have an interest in it, or have done that sort of journey before. If DTG could work out a way of doing that all in the one scenario - especially considering you've got the ability to walk around in TSWx - that would be lovely.

-Peter

_toommm_

Established Member
The Brighton Mainline route for TS20xx is one of the routes I enjoy most - there's something about it which allows for loads of scenario potential. But to have the same thing done again, with the same stock as we've seen previously, is boring. A 442 would be nice (and then a Juniper to replace it with... ;)).

Exactly. I'm prepared to be surprised by the route - DTG have a habit of sometimes releasing something really good - but I'm not expecting much.

-Peter

There is the Birmingham 2010, which I believe might have some Snow Hill lines stuff:

Iskra

Established Member
I agree, but at least we know we have the Cathcart Circle and Penzance-St Ives via Truro on the way, plus steam traction so there's some slightly different stuff coming up.

I actually think the US route looks the most interesting out of the 3 'rush hour' new route releases.

greatvoyager

Established Member

-Peter
I’m looking forward to it personally, to compare TS20xx and TSW2.

Ewan M

Is anyone able to turn on the AWS on the Class 52 on the Xbox One? I’m having issues doing so :/

Peter C

Established Member
Is anyone able to turn on the AWS on the Class 52 on the Xbox One? I’m having issues doing so :/
What kind of issues are you having? I've not got the Class 52 for TSW2 but I believe the AWS (I think the technical term in a 'Western' is ATC - GWR tool, etc.) thing is to the left of the driver's chair, and there's a lever you switch to set it up?

-Peter

Ewan M

What kind of issues are you having? I've not got the Class 52 for TSW2 but I believe the AWS (I think the technical term in a 'Western' is ATC - GWR tool, etc.) thing is to the left of the driver's chair, and there's a lever you switch to set it up?

-Peter
I know where the AWS levers are but I can’t access it as it’ll only let me sit on the drivers seat

Iskra

Established Member
A first look at the new Cathcart Circle Line

It looks pretty good to be fair :)

The Cane Creek route also looks stunning, which I'm probably more likely to buy:

Union Pacific’s Cane Creek Subdivision is among the most dramatic and famous scenic rail lines in the American West, and it’s coming soon to Train Sim World 2!
Get ready to journey through awe-inspiring, rugged, and remote American West desert and canyon country in Utah while tackling heavy tonnage and daunting grades – with the upcoming Union Pacific Cane Creek Subdivision route for Train Sim World 2! Masterfully developed for Train Sim World 2 by Skyhook Games, this upcoming route re-creates Union Pacific’s famed Cane Creek Subdivision, also known as the Cane Creek Branch. Widely renowned for its extraordinary and awesome western scenery, the Cane Creek Subdivision extends from a connection with Union Pacific’s Green River Subdivision at Brendel, Utah south to Potash, Utah, 35.8 route miles. As created for Train Sim World 2, the route will also include a five-mile section of the UP Green River Subdivision east from Brendel to Thompson, Utah.
The Cane Creek Subdivision will offer heavy-haul, tough American freight railroading at its memorable and challenging best. From Potash to Brendel, the Cane Creek line climbs nearly a thousand feet in elevation over a “roller coaster” profile featuring frequent gradients of 1.2 percent, curves of up to 6 degrees, passage through 7,059-foot-long Bootlegger Tunnel, and a journey amid the towering cliffs of Moab, Bootlegger, and Dragon Fly Canyons. The Cane Creek Branch is a rail line that requires big diesels and lots of horsepower, and you’ll take the throttle of the Union Pacific’s potent General Electric AC4400CW and veteran Electro-Motive SD40-2 diesels which will be included with the Train Sim World 2 route.
By American railroad standards, the Cane Creek Branch is a newcomer. In the late 1950s, plans took form to tap massive potash deposits found along the Colorado River in eastern Utah. By 1960, development of what would evolve into today’s sprawling potash mine and processing facility south of Moab and near Cane Creek were rapidly taking form, and the Denver & Rio Grande Western agreed to build a new branch from its main line at Brendel. Grading and construction of the new branch line was contracted to Morrison-Knudsen and work began in August 1961. Morrison-Knudsen completed its work in September 1962 and D&RGW crews moved in to lay the tracks.
The potash mine and facility at the south end of the line began production in late 1964 and the branch was operated by D&RGW as its Cane Creek Branch until the road’s merger into Union Pacific (D&RGW was combined with the Southern Pacific in 1988 and merged into Union Pacific in 1996). While there have been fluctuations in the amounts of potash being moved over the Cane Creek Branch, it has been in nearly continuous use since the 1960s.
Remarkably, the Cane Creek line gained a second purpose – and source of extensive tonnage – in 2008. Moab had long been the site of a Uranium mill which closed in 1984, leaving approximately 12 million tons of dirt tailings behind. While these tailings are only modestly radioactive, the risk of their erosion into the nearby Colorado River required eventually reclamation. Under the auspices of the United States Department of Energy, a burial site for the tailings was developed at Brendel and train loads of the contaminated soil began moving over the length of the Cane Creek Subdivision to Brendel. These unusual rail movements, nicknamed “the dirty dirt trains,” are expected to continue until approximately 2028. Given that both the potash and contaminated soil tonnage involves carrying loads northbound, the climb from Potash and Moab to Brendel requires plenty of horsepower.
The upcoming Cane Creek Subdivision for Train Sim World 2 will take you into the very heart of Utah’s legendary desert and canyon country in scenic settings that are awesomely realistic. Aboard superbly modeled Union Pacific GE AC4400CW and EMD SD40-2 diesels, you work heavy tonnage up and down daunting grades, handle switching at the sprawling Potash mine and facility and Moab dirt loading site, travel along the historic Colorado River, and pass below the famed sandstone Corona Arch! In addition to its GE and EMD diesel locomotives, the route will include two types of covered hoppers, an open-top hopper, and tank car. And a realistic selection of 12 scenarios and a challenging 24-hour timetable that will fully test your skills as an engineer! Stay tuned here at Dovetail Live and we will be further exploring the upcoming route and its distinctive features and challenging operations! – Gary Dolzall
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_2.jpg

Get ready to journey through awe-inspiring, rugged, and remote American West desert and canyon country while tackling heavy tonnage and daunting grades – with the upcoming Union Pacific Cane Creek Subdivision route for Train Sim World 2! Under Utah’s towering sandstone cliffs and along the historic Colorado River, a loaded potash train rolls north behind a trio of Union Pacific General Electric AC4400CWs.
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_3.jpg

The Cane Creek Subdivision extends from a connection with Union Pacific’s Green River Subdivision at Brendel, Utah south Potash, Utah, home to a massive potash mine and facility. On the upcoming Cane Creek Subdivision route, UP GE AC4400CWs are drawing covered hoppers through the Potash loader. Note: Screenshots depict content while in development.  
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_4.jpg

With the mine at Potash in the distance, a potash train is heading north on the Cane Creek Branch and curves along the banks of the legendary Colorado River. Re-created in superb detail, the GE AC4400CW, together with a UP EMD SD40-2, will be included with the route.
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_5.jpg

Simply put, the Cane Creek Branch’s passage through Bootlegger Canyon, between Potash and Moab, is among the most rugged, remote, and awe-inspiring rail scenes in all of America! A trio of Union Pacific EMD SD40-2s in the railroad’s timeliness yellow and gray livery are grinding north through the extraordinary canyon.
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_6.jpg

The scenic wonders along the upcoming Cane Creek Subdivision for Train Sim World 2 are nearly countless, but among the most famous is the sandstone Corona Arch south of Moab.
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_7.jpg

During construction of the Cane Creek Branch in the early 1960s, one of the most challenging tasks was the boring of 7,059-foot-long Bootlegger Tunnel, located immediately south of Moab. In an engineer’s eye view, a northbound potash train powered by Union Pacific SD40-2s approaches the tunnel’s south bore (above), then clears the tunnel and arrives in Moab (below).
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_8.jpg

Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_9.jpg

Moab, Utah had long been the site of a Uranium mill which closed in 1984, leaving approximately 12 million tons of dirt tailings behind. Union Pacific now transports these tailings to Brendel for burial. At Moab, Union Pacific AC4400CW 6911 is on the point of a “dirty dirt train” preparing to depart for Brendel.
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_10.jpg

North of Moab, Utah’s desert country become more open, but nearby towering cliffs nonetheless make the line’s scenery extraordinary. At Seven Mile, Utah, site of a passing track and rock-loading siding, Union Pacific SD40-2 1685 and kin have empty covered hoppers bound for the Potash mine in tow.
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_11.jpg

At Brendel (also known as Crescent City), the Cane Creek Branch connects with Union Pacific’s ex-D&RGW Green River Subdivision. UP SD40-2 1749 is leading a train off the main line and onto the branch at Brendel (above), then a short time later bridges a dry stream basin (below).
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_12.jpg

Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_13.jpg

At Brendel, with UP GE AC4400CWs fore and aft, an empty consist for a “dirty dirt train” prepares to depart for Moab. Due to switching requirements at Moab, the dirt trains regularly run with units on each end. The upcoming Cane Creek Subdivision route will include a realistic selection of 12 scenarios and a challenging 24-hour timetable that will fully test your skills as an engineer!
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_14.jpg

On the upcoming Train Sim World 2 Union Pacific Cane Creek Subdivision, a route masterfully created by Skyhook Games, dawn’s rich light is just breaking as Union Pacific trains meet on the main line at Thompson, Utah.
Cane_Creek_Watermarked_WIP_Article_Images_1920x1080_15.jpg

The upcoming Cane Creek Subdivision route for Train Sim World 2 will take you into the very heart of Utah’s legendary desert and canyon country in scenic settings that are awesomely realistic – and it’s coming soon, Make sure you're following @trainsimworld on Twitter and Facebook. to make sure you don't miss the next article!

Peter C

Established Member
A first look at the new Cathcart Circle Line

It looks pretty good to be fair :)

I had a quick look at the preview of this yesterday, and I agree with you - I'll definitely be listening out for reviews, etc. when it's released!

The Cane Creek route also looks stunning, which I'm probably more likely to buy:

I'm not normally a massive fan of US routes, but that does look superb based on those pictures. Driving a massive freight train around those mountains would be jolly good fun.

-Peter

Iskra

Established Member
I had a quick look at the preview of this yesterday, and I agree with you - I'll definitely be listening out for reviews, etc. when it's released!

I'm not normally a massive fan of US routes, but that does look superb based on those pictures. Driving a massive freight train around those mountains would be jolly good fun.

-Peter
My only concern is it might be a little lifeless with just the one unit type, but apparently they've put a railtour service in and one early morning freight service, so that's something at least.

I totally agree about US routes, but it still looking fun. I once drove from Vegas to LA and some of the highway runs parallel to a rail line that looks just like that and had the same types of train on it, so I think it's got my nostalgia going...

Peter C

Established Member
My only concern is it might be a little lifeless with just the one unit type, but apparently they've put a railtour service in and one early morning freight service, so that's something at least.
I was wondering about that too. Maybe having a more modern unit (i.e. Class 380, maybe a 385?) would be nice. I wonder what the railtour service will be? Probably a 47 given that's appeared in the game two or three times before.

I totally agree about US routes, but it still looking fun. I once drove from Vegas to LA and some of the highway runs parallel to a rail line that looks just like that and had the same types of train on it, so I think it's got my nostalgia going...
That journey sounds like good fun - the sort of thing I'd love to do at some point. American railways have never really been my main area of interest, but there are a few bits which are really cool, like that route :)

-Peter

Iskra

Established Member
I was wondering about that too. Maybe having a more modern unit (i.e. Class 380, maybe a 385?) would be nice. I wonder what the railtour service will be? Probably a 47 given that's appeared in the game two or three times before.

That journey sounds like good fun - the sort of thing I'd love to do at some point. American railways have never really been my main area of interest, but there are a few bits which are really cool, like that route :)

-Peter
I saw a quick glimpse of it on the screen and it seemed to be the locomotives from the Transpennine and Darlington-Saltburn packs, so enough choice really :)

It was really good fun, driving across the Mojave dessert in a Chevrolet was just the most American experience ever. The best thing was we pulled in at Peggy Sues diner, and then Elvis got out of the car parked next to us :D

Peter C

Established Member
I saw a quick glimpse of it on the screen and it seemed to be the locomotives from the Transpennine and Darlington-Saltburn packs, so enough choice really
Ah cool - sounds interesting. I think they should annoy the purists and throw a 'Western' in too ;)

It was really good fun, driving across the Mojave dessert in a Chevrolet was just the most American experience ever. The best thing was we pulled in at Peggy Sues diner, and then Elvis got out of the car parked next to us :D
That does sound brilliant. And I suppose it's the kind of journey you could only really do by car in the US considering their railways are fairly few and far between?

-Peter

Iskra

Established Member
Ah cool - sounds interesting. I think they should annoy the purists and throw a 'Western' in too ;)

That does sound brilliant. And I suppose it's the kind of journey you could only really do by car in the US considering their railways are fairly few and far between?

-Peter
I’d be up for that, the Western is a great locomotive.

Yeah, Vegas has no station as far as I’m aware. Although you can still do some cracking cross-country journeys on Amtrak, I hope to do one eventually!

Peter C

Established Member
Yeah, Vegas has no station as far as I’m aware. Although you can still do some cracking cross-country journeys on Amtrak, I hope to do one eventually!
That makes no sense to me living in the UK - how can such a large place not have a station?!
I'll definitely make sure to look out for future US routes for TSW2: longer-distance ones would be good fun I think.

-Peter

Iskra

Established Member
That makes no sense to me living in the UK - how can such a large place not have a station?!
I'll definitely make sure to look out for future US routes for TSW2: longer-distance ones would be good fun I think.

-Peter
I agree, it used to have a station and passenger service. Its withdrawal does seem totally nonsense with how big a tourist city it is and the trend towards slow travel. Maybe it will come back one day?

I agree, I’d like to see some of the long distance Amtrak named trains brought into the game.

Peter C

Established Member
I agree, it used to have a station and passenger service. Its withdrawal does seem totally nonsense with how big a tourist city it is and the trend towards slow travel. Maybe it will come back one day?

I agree, I’d like to see some of the long distance Amtrak named trains brought into the game.
That sort of route is the kind of thing which would work well in TSW2. Not the whole journey, of course, but part of it going through some famous/interesting areas would be nice.

-Peter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.