• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2021

_toommm_

Established Member
Yeah it’s looking and sounding great isn’t it!

AP have confirmed that the class 800-803 enhancement pack will be released tomorrow.

Diesel sounds are OK - it sounds like there’s a bit of 185 sounds in there. Other than that it doesn’t look too bad. AP have released a video here:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Diesel sounds are OK - it sounds like there’s a bit of 185 sounds in there. Other than that it doesn’t look too bad. AP have released a video here:

Also available for download now.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Also available for download now.

Just bought it this morning and done a couple of the included scenarios. It’s a massive improvement over the ECML original, the sounds are much better as are the physics. I’d have liked GSM-R and TMS, and one thing I’ve noticed is the external passenger door open buttons are ridiculously low res, but the fact we’ve now got a driveable 800 series makes it a winner for me.

Established Member
Just bought it this morning and done a couple of the included scenarios. It’s a massive improvement over the ECML original, the sounds are much better as are the physics. I’d have liked GSM-R and TMS, and one thing I’ve noticed is the external passenger door open buttons are ridiculously low res, but the fact we’ve now got a driveable 800 series makes it a winner for me.
I agree that it is a massive improvement. Took a Azuma for a run down the ECML starting off in diesel just to try out the bi-mod function.

brad465

Established Member
A new version of the Chatham Mainline has now been released that adds Blackfriars and includes the full mainline length to both Ramsgate and Dover, with a 10% launch discount currently active.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Apologies for the dense question, I did Google but didn’t give me an straight answer.

I’ve finally got round to buying the AP 377 enhancement pack. Is there a way to bulk change the rolling stock in a scenario without using RW_tools (which seems to corrupt/confuse unit and coach numbers)

_toommm_

Established Member
Apologies for the dense question, I did Google but didn’t give me an straight answer.

I’ve finally got round to buying the AP 377 enhancement pack. Is there a way to bulk change the rolling stock in a scenario without using RW_tools (which seems to corrupt/confuse unit and coach numbers)
Not AFAIK. You could always just change the player train only if you’re not that bothered about what the AI looks like as a compromise.

Does anyone else here like the graphics of Train Sim World but much prefer the driving interface in Train Simulator 20xx? If there was a way to use the legacy driving interface in Train Sim World I feel like I would use it a lot more. Does Train Sim World support mods?

pompeyfan

Established Member
Have to agree, the signals just don’t look right in TSW, there’s something about it. I prefer train sim but the graphics and models are tired

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
ATS have announced that phase 4 of their WCML Midlands & North West route, the Stoke loop, will launch soon.

Established Member
Coming soon from TS is the class 700.

TRAIN SIMULATOR

DISCOVER THE DESIRO!​

News
1643030969862_20220121110629_1.jpg

For over 5 years, the BR Class 700 has been roaming the rails of London and beyond, and soon this iconic and modern Desiro City will be coming to Train Simulator!
Mention the words “Thameslink Programme” to any commuter and they’ll start to groan, but for the rail network it meant radical improvements to London’s core “Thameslink” network, and as part of the transformation, the ordering and delivery of a brand-new fleet of EMUs.
The BR Class 700, built by Siemens as part of their “Desiro City” range, is a revolution in every right. From the spacious interior with wide open gangways, reduced anergy consumption and wear on the track, modern information systems and powerful air-con, its introduction marked the biggest step-change in London commuter rail travel since the introduction of EMUs themselves. Not only that, but 115 of the class were delivered in both 8 and 12-car formations, each able to soak up hundreds of passengers.
Soon, the modern and sleek Thameslink BR Class 700 will be arriving in Train Simulator for use on the recently released Chatham Main Line; make the unit feel at home by driving it in and out of the striking London Blackfriars station, serving all stops on journeys towards Swanley and Orpington, and all at the densely packed Medway Towns on frequent trains between Gravesend and Rainham. Of course, the action doesn’t stop there, take the Class 700 out for a spin on a variety of journeys across multiple routes in Train Simulator.
Watch this space and get ready to drive the state-of-the-art Thameslink BR Class 700 for Train Simulator!
class700_announce_1.jpg

class700_announce_2.jpg

class700_announce_3.jpg

_toommm_

Established Member
Ooh, exciting! Can't wait for the AP Enhancement Pack :E

I'm sure in the meantime someone will patch the sounds from the AP 350/450 Desiros onto it as a temporary fix, if the DTG sounds are their usual 'quality'.

Last edited:

Silver Cobra

Great to see we will finally get an official Class 700 in Train Simulator :) I'm looking forward to charging up the ECML/MML and down to Brighton in this when it arrives.

dave87016

Established Member
I hope I’m wrong but to me it seems like with releases in the past 12 months it’s almost like the primary TS21 releases by the primary ones like DTG ( the latest being the class 700 which has just been released in the last 24 hours it’s getting absolutely slated on Social Media ) AP ( removing some packs ) and JT are not as great or accurate as they were when they first released stuff I think their logic is that TS has probably run it’s course , I think it will be upto 3rd parties to build future routes and units if we want them of a high standard

Last edited:

365 Networker

I can't say I'm surprised that the sounds are rubbish. It does seem to have become standard practice for DTG to rush something for release with issues and poor sounds - remember that the 323 still has not been fixed and that was released early last year!

DanNCL

Established Member
The model itself isn't bad, the big issue is with the sounds. No custom sounds whatsoever have been used - the AC sounds are reused from the (original) 395 addon, the DC sounds are reused from (again the oldest version of) the 450 addon. The door opening tone is the three chime one from the older Desiros rather than the one used on the real 700s, and most frustratingly, they've also used that as the door close sounds! DTG are based on one of the routes that 700s operate on, they must know just how majorly wrong they've got this.

I wouldn't even consider buying this pack in it's current state. If I ever buy it, it'll be in a sale, and only once an Armstrong Powerhouse (or equivalent) enhancement pack is available for it.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
The model itself isn't bad, the big issue is with the sounds. No custom sounds whatsoever have been used - the AC sounds are reused from the (original) 395 addon, the DC sounds are reused from (again the oldest version of) the 450 addon. The door opening tone is the three chime one from the older Desiros rather than the one used on the real 700s, and most frustratingly, they've also used that as the door close sounds! DTG are based on one of the routes that 700s operate on, they must know just how majorly wrong they've got this.

I wouldn't even consider buying this pack in it's current state. If I ever buy it, it'll be in a sale, and only once an Armstrong Powerhouse (or equivalent) enhancement pack is available for it.

I’ll be doing exactly the same based on the feedback I’ve seen!

Silver Cobra

There is actually another problem with the Class 700 alongside the wrong sounds, specifically with the 12-car consists. What DTG seem to have done to make the 12-car consists is take the 8-car and just add two MSOs and two TSOs within the consist. Now it may not sound that wrong at first, but this means that no changes other than the unit numbers were made to the DMCOs to correctly reflect them being part of the 12-car consists. They still feature the cycle areas that the DMCOs on 8-car consists have, whereas on the real-life 12-cars the cycle areas are located in the first and fourth MSOs (cars 3 and 10). Another giveaway to this, when in cab-view in the 12-car consists, is if you look up to the top-right, there are graphics referring to the units as 8-car instead of 12-car.

Another quirk I've spotted, at least in the scenario builder, is that the 12-car consists don't have the same matching unit number for both the front and rear DMCOs. When I placed a unit into the ECML South route, the front DMCO had the unit number 700137, but the rear DMCO had the unit number 700132.

FGW_Lad

ATS have released a patch for the 700, which makes it so much better to drive. Still a shame that DTG release their products in such an unfinished state as the model is really good, just the sounds let it down.

365 Networker

There is a new AP Enhancement Pack in the works:-

To me it sounds like an EMU at high speed, possibly from the outside or with the windows open. My guess is a 323 or possibly, a 700.
I may be completely wrong and it's something unexpected like a class 70 or a voyager!

greatvoyager

Established Member
There is a new AP Enhancement Pack in the works:-

To me it sounds like an EMU at high speed, possibly from the outside or with the windows open. My guess is a 323 or possibly, a 700.
I may be completely wrong and it's something unexpected like a class 70 or a voyager!
I'm looking forward to finding out what it is going to be. It definitely sounds like an EMU though.