• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Simulator 2021

Is anyone aware of a Class 357 available for Train Sim Classic?
The main reason I don't like playing the 375/377 is that the driver's view out the front is severely restricted due to the gangway, which takes the majority of the enjoyment out of it for me :frown:
I would think the 357 would be an easy one to do, as the bodies and traction package is the same as the 375/377/379/387 (?) so all it would need is the cab from the 170 copied over?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
AP Has announced a class 87 loco pack:-

Off the top of my head that’s most of the WCML AP-ified. We’ve got enhancement packs or full-fledged packs for the MK1, MK2, and MK3 coaches; 66, 86, 87 (when this is released), 90, 92, 156, 158, 170, 185, 220, 314, 319, 320, 321, 325, 350, 377, 378 (the now withdrawn sound pack), 390, 800, 801, and the HST.

Silver Cobra

There's a sale taking place on Games Planet featuring a range of Train Simulator Classic addons (not all of them, but there's a good 40+), as well as TS 2017, 2019, 2021 and 2022. The sale ends at 1am on Tuesday.

I purchased TS 2017 for only £4.99, which saved me £20 on the South Wales Coastal route. I also spotted that the LGV Marseille to Avignon route is part of this sale, but it's cheaper to get this route through purchasing TS 2017 (the route on it's own is £8.32 in the sale, versus £4.99 for TS 2017).

HS2isgood

There's a sale taking place on Games Planet featuring a range of Train Simulator Classic addons (not all of them, but there's a good 40+), as well as TS 2017, 2019, 2021 and 2022. The sale ends at 1am on Tuesday.

I purchased TS 2017 for only £4.99, which saved me £20 on the South Wales Coastal route. I also spotted that the LGV Marseille to Avignon route is part of this sale, but it's cheaper to get this route through purchasing TS 2017 (the route on it's own is £8.32 in the sale, versus £4.99 for TS 2017).
Thanks for the info! I got TS2017, TSW2020 and the BML. (And immediately had to remove all the German routes because my computer is crap)

voyagerdude220

Established Member

Many thanks- I purchased the Bedford to London add on for about £5- should have been £24.99 I think.

SJA_914

_toommm_

Established Member
AP are currently holding a sale with up to 40% off, ending 23:59BST on Monday 29th August.

365 Networker

New Route - Huddersfield Line: Manchester to Leeds.

HUDDERSFIELD LINE COMING SOON!​

News
HuddersfieldLine_Art.jpg

The challenging and stunning Pennines are coming soon to Train Simulator Classic, with the new Huddersfield Line: Manchester - Leeds route.
One of the busiest lines in the region, with local and long-distance passenger services, the Huddersfield Line stretches between Manchester Victoria and Leeds. Calling at the various towns and villages in the Colne and Tame Valleys of West Yorkshire, including the major intermediate station of Huddersfield itself.
A treat for railfans this route from Dovetail Games for Train Simulator Classic is represented as it stands today, complete with modernisation and current track layout features, including the impressive state-of-the-art rebuilds of Manchester Victoria and Leeds. This route also features a wide range of rolling stock, including the Regional Railways BR Class 158 (fully equipped with features and sounds from Armstrong Powerhouse), the almighty BR Class 142 Pacer, 4 flavours of BR Class 47/8 in various liveries, coaching stock and more.
Huddersfield Line: Manchester - Leeds is coming soon to Train Simulator Classic. See the first screens below and tune into Railfan TV this Wednesday 8PM (BST) on Twitch or YouTube for an exclusive preview.
Huddersfield_Store_01.jpg

Huddersfield_Store_02.jpg

Huddersfield_Store_03.jpg

Huddersfield_Store_07.jpg

I'm very much looking forward to this route.

_toommm_

Established Member
I’m very interested to see that the 158 is using AP sounds, although if it’s anything like Dovetail using AP sounds on TSW, they won’t be mixed that well.

Also it’ll be nice to be able to do full Transpennine routes in TS e.g. Piccadilly to York and Edinburgh.

365 Networker

I’m very interested to see that the 158 is using AP sounds, although if it’s anything like Dovetail using AP sounds on TSW, they won’t be mixed that well.

Also it’ll be nice to be able to do full Transpennine routes in TS e.g. Piccadilly to York and Edinburgh.
From what I can tell, it is actually the AP Enhanced version of the 158, but just the Regional Railways express livery. It is listed as having "features and sounds from Armstrong Powerhouse", which would suggest sounds, physics, working destination display etc.

wilbers

Base game +5 DLC £0.88, or base game +18 DLC £10.60, or a middle tier at variable price. Available for 3 weeks.

CarrotPie

Base game +5 DLC £0.88, or base game +18 DLC £10.60, or a middle tier at variable price. Available for 3 weeks.
How come DTG are happy to sell off their wares for dirt cheap when TSW3 is not on sale and not cheap‽ Seems a bit bonkers to me.

XAM2175

Established Member
How come DTG are happy to sell off their wares for dirt cheap when TSW3 is not on sale and not cheap‽ Seems a bit bonkers to me.
It's a Humble Bundle offering, not a normal discount - and in any case, why would you expect them to discount a new product over an older one?

Darandio

Established Member

Because it's only been out for 6 weeks? It won't be long before the Christmas sale, it will be cheap then.

Silver Cobra

Most of Train Simulator Classic's add-ons are on sale right now at 45% off, as part of the Steam Autumn Sale. This includes the recently-released Huddersfield to Leeds line. The sale runs through until 28th November.

Personally I would suggest waiting for the Steam Christmas Sale, as the discounts during that are likely to be more (normally at least 50-70% off).

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Most of Train Simulator Classic's add-ons are on sale right now at 45% off, as part of the Steam Autumn Sale. This includes the recently-released Huddersfield to Leeds line. The sale runs through until 28th November.

Personally I would suggest waiting for the Steam Christmas Sale, as the discounts during that are likely to be more (normally at least 50-70% off).

Armstrong Powerhouse also have a one day only sale on today (Thurs 24th Nov).

Silver Cobra

I only spotted this just now, but Alan Thomson Sim have a special Cyber Monday deal running currently where you can save 30% when buying both the Kings Cross to Kings Lynn and Cambridge to Peterborough routes together, or both the Class 185 and Chat Moss route together. I picked up the 185 and Chat Moss together for £20.79 (I also have a subscription with ATS which helped save more, so it may not be at this price for anyone without an ATS subscription).

S Lowes

Looking at building a new PC for TS2022 will this run it with ease?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
MSI B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard
Kingston FURY Beast RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600
Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB SSD
GTX 1660 Super

Many Thanks
Scott

FrodshamJnct

Established Member

GTX 1660 Super

Many Thanks
Scott

Yep should run it very nicely.

Silver Cobra

GTX 1660 Super

Many Thanks
Scott

Your system setup is very similar to mine (I have a Ryzen 5 3600XT and RTX 2060 as the two main differences), and the game does run fairly well on my config by and large. However I have noticed that my system does start to struggle if a good number of AI trains or large amounts of empty stock are involved in scenarios. As the game is more processor-intensive than graphics-intensive, your 5600X should reduce that problem compared to my 3600XT.
Though if you can afford to spend another £80-100, I would suggest grabbing an Intel processor like the 12600K, as they have much better single-core processing over the equivalent Ryzen processors (while TS Classic does supposedly support multi-core, it does rely heavily on single-core processing due to the age of the core game engine). I'm planning myself next year to move from the 3600XT to a 13600K, hopefully when the price has come down a little bit.

Silver Cobra

The Steam Winter Sale has begun today. Most of the Train Simulator Classic add-on catalogue has between 30% and 70% off (the North Wales Coast Line at £7.49 is fantastic). Along with this, Great British Railway Journeys is currently 60% off, offering five UK routes for only £9.99.

Just Trains are also running a Christmas sale, with 40% off select add-ons purchased through their website (this includes the Chiltern routes that are not discounted in the Steam Winter sale):

Hopefully Armstrong Powerhouse will also run a Christmas/Winter sale.

Trackman

Established Member
The Steam Winter Sale has begun today. Most of the Train Simulator Classic add-on catalogue has between 30% and 70% off (the North Wales Coast Line at £7.49 is fantastic). Along with this, Great British Railway Journeys is currently 60% off, offering five UK routes for only £9.99.
I've most of the routes that interest me, is the Huddersfield route on sale? Cant seem to find it.
Just checked the AP website, no holiday discounts as of yet.

Silver Cobra

I've most of the routes that interest me, is the Huddersfield route on sale? Cant seem to find it.

Yes, the Huddersfield Line is currently 30% off, which isn’t too bad considering it only released 2 months ago.

**EDIT: Armstrong Powerhouse have now begun their Christmas sale, with up to 40% off of the majority of their product catalogue. Their sale runs through until 2nd January, so plenty of time to pick up some good deals.

Last edited: